Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Strange issue with Marlin and G34

Posted by ss002d6252 
Strange issue with Marlin and G34
October 16, 2021 05:36PM
I have a strange issue where the G34 command causes the dual Z steppers to diverge rather than converge whilst running.

The Z motors work absolutely spot on but I can't figure out why G34 seems content to move the steppers apart rather than converge the measurements in order to level the axis.

I've tried flipping motors around. Flashed Marlin to a different version etc but I still can't figure out why it's doing this.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks.
Re: Strange issue with Marlin and G34
October 17, 2021 07:44AM
I had a similar problem I had entered the axis coordinates wrongly in Configuration_adv.h
October 17, 2021 09:10AM
Nikki81
I had a similar problem I had entered the axis coordinates wrongly in Configuration_adv.h

Thanks. I'll take a closer look at that and see what if I can spot something.
October 17, 2021 10:31AM
For reference managed to sort it.

I swapped the two motors over on the board - just switched the Z1 wiring to Z2 and Z2 wiring to Z1, and for some unknown reason that works thumbs up . Not sure at all why, but it worked. Must be something in the code.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2021 11:02AM by ss002d6252.
VDX
October 17, 2021 11:08AM
... the direction of the steppers can be changed by switching the wires of one solenoid or by "mirroring" the plug - so you eventually rearranged them, so it's for better now smoking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 17, 2021 11:42AM
The odd thing is that it wasn't anything to do with reversing the motor direction. All that had already been tried , in multiple combinations.

There was no problem with controlling Z in the right direction, only when using G34 was it working wrongly.

I literally just swapped the entire wiring, in exactly the same wiring order, from Z1 to Z2 (and Z2 to Z1) on the board. Bizarre, but it worked.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login