Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MKS Gen L problems.

Posted by Ianmark 
MKS Gen L problems.
March 30, 2022 03:40PM
I have a FLSUN i3 printer with an MKS Gen L v1 mainboard. I am at the end of my rope as I have been trying to get this printer running for over 2 months with no success. it had been running for 5 years without any issues, but I flashed it thinking it would work better.
I have tried Marlin 1.0.x 1.1.x and 2.0.x. I have had board in the config.h file listed as both BOARD_MKS_GEN_L and BOARD_RAMPS_14_EFB. Marlin 2.0 uses the Ramps board in the config. Can I change it in 2.0? If so, How?
With 1.0 and 1.1, the dual Z steppers (Driven off 1 driver) do not move in unison, or there isn't any movement from the printer when I give it a command or the heaters will not work. The issues differ from one flash to the next.
With 2.0, the printer moves fine, but takes takes forever get up to temp. The printer has been running for 18 minutes and the bed is still only at 52 out of 60 degrees. It will not go higher.

I do not have any auto levelling installed and the printer is basically stock.

I tried to read about possible fixes, but I have ADD and I have a difficult time concentrating on what I am reading, so I skim over it.

If I could get the original firmware for this printer, I'd love that, but I can't find it anywhere. FLSUN doesn't support the printer anymore and all the config.h files I find have been modified by someone.

Any help would be great.
Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2022 03:44PM by Ianmark.
Re: MKS Gen L problems.
March 30, 2022 03:51PM
Follow this Link

I have also used MKS with my 5 extruder controller
  #define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RAMPS_14_EFB
  //#define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_MKS_BASE_14

Post your configuration.h file

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2022 03:53PM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
March 30, 2022 08:23PM
Here are the 2 config files from Marlin 2.0.9.3. The only thing I changed was to enable the heated bed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2022 08:24PM by Ianmark.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (108.7 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (171.9 KB)
March 30, 2022 09:05PM
I looked at your source code

Every time I flash I Had to initialize EEPROM or it does not work properly when using Marlin 2.0.9.3

When I flashed my three 3D Printers with Marlin 2.0.9.3 I had to initialize EEPROM every time even if I changed the tiniest detail.
Presently running Marlin 2.0.9.2 as was having some errors with Marlin 2.0.9.3
Not saying Marlin 2.0.9.3 working incorrectly only I was having problems an did not have any more time, when I changed to Marlin 2.0.9.2 no more problems.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
March 31, 2022 05:28PM
Marlin 2.x should run well on your machine. It has enough FLASH to support lots of the advanced features.

For the bed temperature problem, try enabling PIDTEMPBED and then running the PID autotune command. M303 E-1 C8 S60 runs autotune on the bed at 60 degreesC for 8 cycles.

I'm pretty sure BOARD_MKS_GEN_L is correct for your board.
April 07, 2022 05:09PM
Lanmark,

Did you solve the problem? I got some similar here.
In case, here are my settings if anyone has a magical answer to the question...
I also noticed the settings made available here in the topic are addressed to Ramps, not to Gen L
My compile error message is in the attached photo.
If anyone can shed some light on this...
Eternal gratitude!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2022 05:14PM by lalexandregm.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (70.5 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (69.8 KB)
open | download - boards.h (7.8 KB)
open | download - pins.h (29 KB)
open | download - Captura de tela de 2022-04-07 18-07-55.png (179.1 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login