Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

UBL is only probing half of mesh points

Posted by Xevus 
UBL is only probing half of mesh points
June 17, 2022 05:05AM
Hi.

Ender 5 Pro with 4.2.2 MB. Installed CR Touch via 5 pin connector, compiled my own Marlin 2.0.9.3 firmware, decided to go with 5x5 mesh. For some reason G29 P1 only probes 10 points - center and immediate surroundings. I'm aware that probe cannot physically reach right side of the bed, but that is only 5 unreachable points. All other edges are reachable when moving head manually. Tried increasing mesh size to 7x7 - basically the same result, 2 outer rows of points are skipped. What is the issue I have and how to fix this ? My Configuration.h is attached.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (108.9 KB)
Re: UBL is only probing half of mesh points
June 17, 2022 05:53AM
// Most probes should stay away from the edges of the bed, but
// with NOZZLE_AS_PROBE this can be negative for a wider probing area.
#define PROBING_MARGIN 10

your telling it not to probe around all the edges losing 10mm on each side on top of what ever you lose due to probe offsets

With a bltouch you don't need this. Probe is a point,, not a large circle like inductive or capacitive probes.
June 17, 2022 05:58AM
Thanks. So I change this to 1 or zero ?
June 17, 2022 06:49PM
Yes - you've already defined NOZZLE_TO_PROBE_OFFSET so PROBING_MARGIN isn't needed.

You'll still loose the outside row on two sides unless your nozzle can reach beyond the edges of the printable area.
June 20, 2022 08:31AM
Thanks, that worked! Is this documented somewhere, because that is not really obvious from comments in Configuration.h
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login