Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 2.0x won't build

Posted by D3nta1000 
Marlin 2.0x won't build
June 25, 2022 04:43PM
Hi,

I've tried to build Marlin 2.0x for my Creality V4.2.7 board in my Ender 3. I've followed this tutorial : [www.youtube.com]

First I faced an unexpected problem concerning the modification of the default environnement in the "platformio.ini" file : original -> "default_envs = STM32F103RET6_creality" , latest -> "default_envs = STM32F103RE_creality"
I found the answer for this one.
However now I have another error when building :

Compiling .pio\build\STM32F103RE_creality\src\src\libs\crc16.cpp.o
Marlin\src\lcd\menu\menu_advanced.cpp:421:34: error: macro "LOGICAL_AXIS_ARRAY_1" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
  421 |         LOGICAL_AXIS_ARRAY_1(9999)
      |                                  ^
In file included from Marlin\src\lcd\menu\menu_advanced.cpp:28:
Marlin\src\lcd\menu\../../core/types.h:59: note: macro "LOGICAL_AXIS_ARRAY_1" defined here
   59 | #define LOGICAL_AXIS_ARRAY_1(E,V)  { LOGICAL_AXIS_LIST_1(E,V) }
      | 
Marlin\src\lcd\menu\menu_advanced.cpp:464:35: error: macro "LOGICAL_AXIS_ARRAY_1" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
  464 |         LOGICAL_AXIS_ARRAY_1(99000)
      |                                   ^
In file included from Marlin\src\lcd\menu\menu_advanced.cpp:28:
Marlin\src\lcd\menu\../../core/types.h:59: note: macro "LOGICAL_AXIS_ARRAY_1" defined here
Compiling .pio\build\STM32F103RE_creality\src\src\libs\numtostr.cpp.o
   59 | #define LOGICAL_AXIS_ARRAY_1(E,V)  { LOGICAL_AXIS_LIST_1(E,V) }
      | 
Marlin\src\lcd\menu\menu_advanced.cpp: In function 'void menu_advanced_velocity()':
Marlin\src\lcd\menu\menu_advanced.cpp:421:9: error: 'LOGICAL_AXIS_ARRAY_1' was not declared in this scope
  421 |         LOGICAL_AXIS_ARRAY_1(9999)
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marlin\src\lcd\menu\menu_advanced.cpp: In function 'void menu_advanced_acceleration()':
Marlin\src\lcd\menu\menu_advanced.cpp:464:9: error: 'LOGICAL_AXIS_ARRAY_1' was not declared in this scope
  464 |         LOGICAL_AXIS_ARRAY_1(99000)
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Compiling .pio\build\STM32F103RE_creality\src\src\libs\stopwatch.cpp.o
*** [.pio\build\STM32F103RE_creality\src\src\lcd\menu\menu_advanced.cpp.o] Error 1
====================================================================================== [FAILED] Took 25.71 seconds ======================================================================================
Environment           Status    Duration
--------------------  --------  ------------
STM32F103RE_creality  FAILED    00:00:25.709
================================================================================= 1 failed, 0 succeeded in 00:00:25.709 =================================================================================

I don't understand all these errors related to LOGICAL_AXIS_ARRAY_1( ) since it is part of types.h.
This problem doesn't seem to appear anywhere on the internet...
I fear these errors may result from my VSCode environnement...
May somebody help me on this ?
I attach the modified Marlin files that I'm trying to build.

Thanks in advance,
D3nta1
Attachments:
open | download - platformio.ini (10 KB)
open | download - Configuration.zip (90.5 KB)
Re: Marlin 2.0x won't build
June 25, 2022 05:02PM
The tutorial is out of date.

Give me an hour or two & I see if I can translate your files to the latest and compile.
June 25, 2022 06:20PM
Here are the updated config files and the BIN that resulted.

This is using Marlin's latest (bugfix-2.1.x) firmware and the Marlin Auto Build plugin within VSCode.

It's easy to install VSCode and then the Marlin Auto Build plugin. There are a couple of YouTube videos on the subject. Here's a short video that I made.

There are a couple of changes you should make to configuration.h. I didn't have the files for the custom bootscreen and custom status screen so I commented out the following lines. You'll need to uncomment them.
  • //#define SHOW_CUSTOM_BOOTSCREEN
  • //#define CUSTOM_STATUS_SCREEN_IMAGE
Attachments:
open | download - Marlin.zip (181.8 KB)
June 26, 2022 12:49PM
Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I downloaded Marlin 2.1x bugfix and the associated configuration files. I modified the default environnement and the serial ports. I built it using Marlin Auto Build.
It worked perfectly.

Then, to verify if there is a problem with bugfix 2.0x, I downloaded all the files again and followed the same steps as for Marlin 2.1x bugfix. But the building step with Marlin Auto Build gave me the same error about LOGICAL_AXIS_ARRAY_1. It seems the problem comes from Marlin 2.0x bugfix ?

My post is solved. However the error with Marlin 2.0 bugfix is still a mystery...
June 26, 2022 04:01PM
What do you mean by "modified the default environnement"?

Modifying the file platformio.ini isn't needed if you use the Auto Build Marlin plugin. All those details are handled in the background by the plugin. The aim is to make the process as simple as possible for the user.
June 27, 2022 11:02AM
This is a bug..

a bug report has been created. [github.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2022 04:23AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login