Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rusty at compiling maybe?

Posted by Crazyeye78 
Rusty at compiling maybe?
June 30, 2022 06:34PM
Hi guys,
I recently have been getting back into 3D printing and I'm trying to compile firmware for my Ender 3 with the BTT SKR V2 board. it seems like my compile fails instantly. I downloaded a few different iterations of the marlin and btt config files to try. I didn't change anything like BL Touch settings to see if that made a difference. No luck. I read elsewhere that it might be a Platform IO setting so I have uninstalled VS Code and Platform IO with no luck. I don't remember being failed this fast before when I was doing this a year ago.

Here is the terminal readout:

> Executing task: C:\Users\crazy\.platformio\penv\Scripts\platformio.exe run <

Warning! Ignore unknown configuration option `monitor_flags` in section [env]

Warning! `src_filter` configuration option in section [env:include_tree] is deprecated and will be removed in the next release! Please use `build_src_filter` instead

Warning! `src_filter` configuration option in section [envgrinning smileyUE] is deprecated and will be removed in the next release! Please use `build_src_filter` instead

Warning! `src_filter` configuration option in section [env:esp32] is deprecated and will be removed in the next release! Please use `build_src_filter` instead

Warning! `src_build_flags` configuration option in section [env:linux_native] is deprecated and will be removed in the next release! Please use `build_src_flags` instead

Warning! `src_filter` configuration option in section [env:linux_native] is deprecated and will be removed in the next release! Please use `build_src_filter` instead

Warning! `src_filter` configuration option in section [envconfused smileyAMD51_grandcentral_m4] is deprecated and will be removed in the next release! Please use `build_src_filter` instead

Warning! `src_filter` configuration option in section [env:malyan_M300] is deprecated and will be removed in the next release! Please use `build_src_filter` instead

Warning! `src_filter` configuration option in section [env:teensy31] is deprecated and will be removed in the next release! Please use `build_src_filter` instead

Warning! `src_filter` configuration option in section [env:teensy35] is deprecated and will be removed in the next release! Please use `build_src_filter` instead

Warning! `src_filter` configuration option in section [env:teensy36] is deprecated and will be removed in the next release! Please use `build_src_filter` instead

Warning! `src_filter` configuration option in section [env:teensy41] is deprecated and will be removed in the next release! Please use `build_src_filter` instead

Processing STM32F103RC_btt_maple (platform: ststm32@~12.1; board: genericSTM32F103RC; framework: arduino)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verbose mode can be enabled via `-v, --verbose` option

In file included from c:\users\crazy\desktop\skr\marlin\src\inc\MarlinConfigPre.h:55:0,

from c:\users\crazy\desktop\skr\marlin\src\inc\marlinconfig.h:28,

from buildroot/share/PlatformIO/scripts/common-dependencies.h:29:

c:\users\crazy\desktop\skr\marlin\src\core\drivers.h:80:51: error: missing binary operator before token "("

#define AXIS_DRIVER_TYPE(A,T) AXIS_DRIVER_TYPE_##A(T)

^

c:\users\crazy\desktop\skr\marlin\src\core\drivers.h:119:31: note: in expansion of macro 'AXIS_DRIVER_TYPE'

#define AXIS_IS_TMC(A) ( AXIS_DRIVER_TYPE(A,TMC2130) || AXIS_DRIVER_TYPE(A,TMC2160) \

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

c:\users\crazy\desktop\skr\marlin\configuration_adv.h:2793:7: note: in expansion of macro 'AXIS_IS_TMC'

#if AXIS_IS_TMC(I)

^~~~~~~~~~~

c:\users\crazy\desktop\skr\marlin\src\core\drivers.h:80:51: error: missing binary operator before token "("

^

c:\users\crazy\desktop\skr\marlin\src\core\drivers.h:119:31: note: in expansion of macro 'AXIS_DRIVER_TYPE'

#define AXIS_IS_TMC(A) ( AXIS_DRIVER_TYPE(A,TMC2130) || AXIS_DRIVER_TYPE(A,TMC2160) \

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

c:\users\crazy\desktop\skr\marlin\configuration_adv.h:2803:7: note: in expansion of macro 'AXIS_IS_TMC'

#if AXIS_IS_TMC(J)

^~~~~~~~~~~

^

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

c:\users\crazy\desktop\skr\marlin\configuration_adv.h:2813:7: note: in expansion of macro 'AXIS_IS_TMC'

#if AXIS_IS_TMC(K)

^~~~~~~~~~~

CalledProcessError: Command '"C:\Users\crazy\.platformio\packages\[email protected]\bin\arm-none-eabi-g++.exe" -DTARGET_STM32F1 -D__MARLIN_FIRMWARE__ -DNDEBUG -DARDUINO_ARCH_STM32 -DDEBUG_LEVEL=0 -DSS_TIMER=4 -D__MARLIN_DEPS__ -w -dM -E -x c++ buildroot/share/PlatformIO/scripts/common-dependencies.h' returned non-zero exit status 1.:

File "C:\Users\crazy\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio\builder\main.py", line 185:

env.SConscript(item, exports="env")

File "C:\Users\crazy\.platformio\packages\tool-scons\scons-local-4.3.0\SCons\Script\SConscript.py", line 597:

return _SConscript(self.fs, *files, **subst_kw)

File "C:\Users\crazy\.platformio\packages\tool-scons\scons-local-4.3.0\SCons\Script\SConscript.py", line 285:

exec(compile(scriptdata, scriptname, 'exec'), call_stack[-1].globals)

File "C:\Users\crazy\Desktop\SKR\buildroot\share\PlatformIO\scripts\common-dependencies.py", line 309:

apply_features_config()

File "C:\Users\crazy\Desktop\SKR\buildroot\share\PlatformIO\scripts\common-dependencies.py", line 136:

if not env.MarlinFeatureIsEnabled(feature):

File "C:\Users\crazy\.platformio\packages\tool-scons\scons-local-4.3.0\SCons\Util.py", line 742:

return self.method(*nargs, **kwargs)

File "C:\Users\crazy\Desktop\SKR\buildroot\share\PlatformIO\scripts\common-dependencies.py", line 285:

load_marlin_features()

File "C:\Users\crazy\Desktop\SKR\buildroot\share\PlatformIO\scripts\common-dependencies.py", line 273:

define_list = subprocess.check_output(cmd, shell=True).splitlines()

File "C:\Users\crazy\.platformio\python3\lib\subprocess.py", line 424:

return run(*popenargs, stdout=PIPE, timeout=timeout, check=True,

File "C:\Users\crazy\.platformio\python3\lib\subprocess.py", line 528:

raise CalledProcessError(retcode, process.args,

========================================================================================== [FAILED] Took 0.65 seconds ==========================================================================================

Environment Status Duration

--------------------- -------- ------------

STM32F103RC_btt_maple FAILED 00:00:00.650

==================================================================================== 1 failed, 0 succeeded in 00:00:00.650 ====================================================================================

The terminal process "C:\Users\crazy\.platformio\penv\Scripts\platformio.exe 'run'" terminated with exit code: 1.

Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.
Re: Rusty at compiling maybe?
June 30, 2022 11:18PM
Marlin now requires that your set you driver types.

the "Warning! `src_filter`" is due to platformio getting an update, it can be ignored. (already fixed in newer marlins)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2022 05:01AM by Dust.
June 30, 2022 11:29PM
The currently preferred method to compile Marlin is to use the Auto Build Marlin plugin in VSCode. Here's a short video showing how to install VSCode, then how to install the Auto Build Marlin plugin, how to point VSCode at your working directory and then how to compile.

One thing to look out for is version mismatches between the Marlin flavor you have and the example configuration files you download. Look in the default configuration.h file for tghe line that has CONFIGURATION_H_VERSION (near the top) and compare to the one in your example configuration.h file. All is well if they are the same. If not either download the appropriate Marlin flavor or copy the settings from the example into the default.
July 01, 2022 01:59AM
Dust,
Ah ok will look into that more

Bob.Kuhn
Great, thank you. I will check out Auto Build..
July 07, 2022 04:15PM
The Autobuild was super easy. Thanks again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login