Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Y endstop always triggered

Posted by Nikki81 
Y endstop always triggered
July 08, 2022 08:03AM
I have a problem with my y endstop always showing triggered. I am using the latest Marlin-bugfix-2.1.x. I have rewired the switch and matched it to the working x axis but it still shows triggered. i swapped the connectors around and it then shows x is triggered. they are the same switch so am lost as to what the problem is I've attached my config file..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2022 08:03AM by Nikki81.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (121.7 KB)
Re: Y endstop always triggered
July 08, 2022 08:04AM

July 08, 2022 10:14AM
my board is a btt octopus v1.1

July 08, 2022 11:55AM
When you plug the working X into the Y socket, does Y still show as always triggered?

If not then I think your Y switch is bad.

It's possible that the Y cable is bad. Can you move the Y cable to the X switch?
July 08, 2022 01:31PM
I have just swapped the plugs and yes the problem moves to the x axis. I did try a spare endstop that i had and that has the same result. i thing i must have a bad batch of endstops
July 08, 2022 02:49PM
I have ordered some replacements hopefully these will work. I have been trying to find out whether I need to pull them up or down. I've always just used micro switches and pulled them up. but am not to sure with the new modules
July 08, 2022 06:42PM
Some of the new modules work and some don't? How strange.

I hope that these modules are used with a pull up. Otherwise the system can't tell the difference between all-is-OK and a cable that came off/loose (assuming the standard endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal).
July 09, 2022 06:43AM
Just fitted the replacement endstop and it has fixed the problem i will brake down the faulty unit to try and find what the fault is

Thanks Nikki
September 26, 2022 06:53PM
If you have a multimeter at hand, just test the continuity on the switch pins.

If the limit switch is functional, the expected behavior is:

With the switch not pressed:
  • Between C and NO - no continuity
  • Between C and NC - continuity

With the switch pressed:
  • Between C and NO - continuity
  • Between C and NC - no continuity
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login