Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ups and auto shutdown

Posted by Enzo-B 
ups and auto shutdown
September 01, 2022 03:37AM
Hi guys

I have two controller,a BTT GTR V1.0 and a MKS ROBIN NANO V3
can I use ups module(power lose recovery) and auto power off after print is done module for the both boards at the same time?
Re: ups and auto shutdown
September 01, 2022 07:44AM
A drawing of the system would be very helpful.

Does each controller have it's own AC to DC supply? Is there one UPS supplying the AC to the two power supplies? Does the UPS generate the power fail signal? Is the power fail signal isolated (optically or via relay)?
September 01, 2022 03:35PM
actually I want to use one of these boards,I want to know witch one can support both these module(the pictures)at the same time?
Attachments:
open | download - mks ups 12V.jpg (43.6 KB)
open | download - mks_pwc_module.jpg (48.6 KB)
September 01, 2022 05:36PM
These modules do two different things.

mks ups 12V provides 1) a little power after the main power has stopped and 2) power loss signal. The power loss signal tells the controller to save the print info to the SD card so that the print can be resumed after power loss. The little bit of extra power is so the nozzle can be lifted away from the print (to keep from ruining the print).

mks_pwc_module is used by the controller to shut off the AC power when a print is done.
September 02, 2022 12:13AM
Thanks for your explanation bro
I said I have two controller,a BTT GTR V1.0 and a MKS ROBIN NANO V3
I want to use one of these controllers for my new 3d printer,I want to know which one of these controllers support both the modules(mks ups 12V & mks_pwc_module)at the same time?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2022 12:15AM by Enzo-B.
September 02, 2022 08:53PM
Both controllers will work with theses modules. Both have plenty of IO pins that can be used.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login