Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin with Ramps 1.4 discount smart controller and Max6674

Posted by CatweazleMagic 
Marlin with Ramps 1.4 discount smart controller and Max6674
September 22, 2022 04:07PM
Sorry for maybe being a bit noob on this, but I have a ramps 1.4 a reprap discount smart controller and a Max 6675 thermocouple amplifier.
I am looking for info how I can hook up the Max 6675 on the board and configurate marlin software.

Can someone please give me a bit help?
Tnx in advance.
Re: Marlin with Ramps 1.4 discount smart controller and Max6674
September 22, 2022 08:24PM
From the Configuration.h file.
"-2 : MAX6675 with Thermocouple, 0°C to +700°C (only for sensors 0-1)"

ie you set
#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 -2

Then just wire it up, its just a SPI device, so you connect it to the SPI pins.

[www.instructables.com]

NB these instruction are old and a bit out of date, there is no bug anymore.. and the default CS pin is wrong..

From ramps pin.h
//
// SPI for MAX Thermocouple
//
#ifndef TEMP_0_CS_PIN
  #define TEMP_0_CS_PIN                       66  // Don't use 53 if using Display/SD card (SDSS) or 49 (SD_DETECT_PIN)
#endif

The default CS is connected to pin D66 on Aux-2 in marlin to avoid conflicts with D53 and D49 if your using a LCD or a SDCARD reader

so change
CS on MAX6675 goes to D66 on RAMPSAUX-2
Re: Marlin with Ramps 1.4 discount smart controller and Max6674
November 25, 2022 06:41AM
Dust
The default CS is connected to pin D66 on Aux-2 in marlin to avoid conflicts with D53 and D49 if your using a LCD or a SDCARD reader

With the currently pending HAL SPI improvements, done by me, to the Marlin FW the above comment should turn obsolete. Use whatever and how many peripherals with your Marlin FW configuration on the same SPI bus. Check out this pull request:

[github.com]

Martin Turski, company owner of EirDev

Support me in my duties! Improve the world through scientific accuracy and ingenuity.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login