Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for Help

Posted by Ndv19 
Looking for Help
September 23, 2022 02:35PM
I have a kinda sorta RepRap 3d printer I think. It is running Marlin 2.1 with a Arduino 2560 and Ramps 1.4. Also has the 12864 Display along with bltouch.. The software will load, but in so doing it is setting x,y,z, axis to 200 at initial settings. I is avoiding the location settings of Zero. when give the command from the display to move 10mm it does so just fine. When you select home in any axis the screen dims ad clears and blinks. No movement at all. I am not sure if the micro switches at the limit settings are N/O or N/C. the limit switches are in front on Y Axis and on the Right Hand side on the X Axis.
I will try to attach the files with a picture and Configuration_h and Configuration_adv.h, and maybe someone can help me. I am totally new at this and ave searched the forum for similar cases trying to keep from reinventing the wheel
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (183.6 KB)
open | download - Configuration.h (117.4 KB)
open | download - RepRap.jpg (2.41 MB)
Re: Looking for Help
September 26, 2022 06:38PM
First of all, try changing your post title to something that relates to your problem.
This way, you are going to get more help.

About your problem...

It's not usual to have the limit switches in those positions. Are you sure there are no other switchs on the other ends?
Anyway, most limit switches are not NO or NC. They have both NO and NC terminals.
It just depends on the way you wire them. I think that's your case.
Re: Looking for Help will not Home
September 27, 2022 03:20PM
Thank you for your response. I have managed to resolve most of my issues so far. The on that has me stumped is trying to home the axis. I can move any direction, and when it loads up now the axis are saying "0" for their settings which is good. When I tell it to home "X" or "Y" , "Z" axis raises like it should and the screen just sits there and blinks in the blue field. There is no movement in the axis at all. I call this a RepRap printer just by some of the pictures I have seen like this. The axis limit switches have a red light built into them. The marlin settings are for the axis to be on the min settings and to be false. I am going to try and change them to true in Marlin and see what happens. I did add a little more info to the help needed title.AM going to include the latest files with this response.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (122.9 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (172.9 KB)
September 27, 2022 09:23PM
With the limit switches installed in the positions you have them, your printer will work in a not so intuitive way.
I say that because ou must have limit switches in the minimum position for each axis. For the maximum position, limit switches are optional.
So, in your printer, the X=0 is to the right, wich is unusual.

If that's possible, I suggest you install the X limit switch on the other side. The same goes to the Y axis.
Then, you must be sure that, when you increase the X position, the print head moves to the right side, not left. The same goes to the Y axis.
Then, let's see what happens...

If you can't change the limit switches positions, the behavior should be the opposite. When you increase the X position, the print head moves to the left. Not very intuitive.
September 28, 2022 12:34AM
enststop position does not means it is 0 position

The endstop tells the printer it is at a known location that could be min position or it could be max position.

There are two valid locations for X0,Y0 front left of bed or back right.or the bed

99% of software expects x0,y0 to be front left and will display previews this way

To set up the printer with X0,Y0 at front left of bed you need to setup X endstop as X-MAX
Since your bed moves the endstop at the front is also max endstop so should be setup as Y-MAX

There is ZERO need to move endstops

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2022 12:36AM by Dust.
Re: Looking for Help Will not Home
October 03, 2022 03:24PM
Dust, I have tried every thing I can think of and I have to admit defeat. I was using your response to indians010 dated in December of 2017. The [reprap.org]? 4,801062. So I think I followed every thing you had said. I had to do this thru arduino1.18. It compiles well but when I tell it to home any axis z raises like it should and the screen go to flashing and you cannot do anything but shut it off. When trying to check the bltouch for deploying the pin it will start flashing the screen and lock up. When yo tell y axis to home it raises z axis like it should and the bltouch starts deploying and returns while the screen is blinking and no movement in y axis. The y axis stop is in the front and the x axis is on the right side of the printer as you look at it. The y axis motor is in the rear and on the right hand side. The home direction for x and y is set at 1 and z is a -1.
I can tell y axis or x axis to move individually and they work fine. I am attaching the config files and I hope you can help me as I have run out of ideas. Thought I hade it figured out, but alas o such luck.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (117.5 KB)
open | download - RepRap.jpg (2.41 MB)
October 04, 2022 12:53AM
What do you mean but screen starts flashing? video?

Also please take a picture of your motherboard (confirming its really a ramps and some wiring)

Configs look fine.
Re: Looking for Help Printer will Not Home
October 04, 2022 01:57PM
I tried to send the 11 sec video and it was almost 17 meg. So it was to big. The picture of the board showing the stops being plugged in was also to big to attach. I did double check both axis in x and y to make sure they were plugged onto the correct pins on the board. Not like the one in 2017.
I am curious as to what it is, and I am leaning toward the Arduino Mega 2560. Reason for this is on a wing and a prayer, but using the bltouch as justification (which is not much) while the printer is plugged into the computer the bltouch will accept any command from the screen that it is given. I t is only when the USB cable is unplugged from the computer and running its own download the it will accept the command and then go to fluttering on the screen, to where you have to turn it off to regain control such as it is?
Is it a solution?
What I am trying to say is the screen is very well defined until I select the axis to home. Then it turns to a blue background and you can see it flashing in the background. You also hear the power supply go down (being loaded down) in fan speed.
Re: Looking for Help Printer will Not Home
October 04, 2022 02:38PM
Ndv19
I tried to send the 11 sec video and it was almost 17 meg

Upload the video to youtube or somewhere else and post the link. Please change your post title to something that relates to your problem! You may forget this! I guess this forum allows that just for a certain time sad smiley

Ndv19
The picture of the board showing the stops being plugged in was also to big to attach.

You can shrink pictures with standard tools that come with any operating system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2022 02:57PM by hcet14.
October 04, 2022 04:21PM
Posting a new link labeled as Printer will not Home needing help. I was able to get a 11 second video up loaded to youtube.
Here is the link: [youtube.com]
Hope this helps
Re: Looking for Help Will not Home
October 05, 2022 02:51PM
Ndv19
I had to do this thru arduino1.18.

Did you ever thought about using PlatfotmIO? Arduino 1.18 was released 2016.12.20!
October 05, 2022 03:20PM
Yes I have. Seems I have trouble opening the file in VS Studio and having it give me the check mark and the Arrow at the bottom of the screen. I wind up with just a house at the bottom. This latest post which I have changed it in the heading to Printer will not Home needing for Help (Per Requests from more than one person) was done in VS Studio. How I managed that I still don't know. This was Marlin 2.1 and it built the software and downloaded it to the Mega 2560 and Ramps 1.4 just fine. I will attach the files here but the latest posting tells the display problem and the bltouch.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (117.5 KB)
open | download - Marlin.ino (2.1 KB)
October 05, 2022 04:05PM
Do yourself and us a favor and stay with one thread. Would be funny (very confusing!) to write about the same problem in two threads! Forget the title, maybe admins can fix that.

Your fw compilation will not work with Arduino 1.18!
Your fw compilation will not work with Arduino 1.18!

Forget it! Your Arduino 1.8.19 should just work fine, but I suggest PlatformIO might be Arduino.

I'm also a bloody rookie and still learning. My printer doesn't even exist winking smiley Marlin is so huge and powerful, cause it's supporting so many machines and different applications.

Think carefully if you want to use a stable marlin version or the bugfix!

When I start to try a new marlin version, I compare my old Configuration.h and Configuration_adv.h (mark your changes, in my case I do it with //hcet14: + comment, what I did) with the new downloaded files with WinMerge or something similar (you can also do it in PlatformIO). Then make the changes.
The reason to do it that way or a similar is: Configuration.h and Configuration_adv.h also change as quickly as marlin bugfix does! If you copy your old Configuration.h and Configuration_adv.h to your marlin directory you'll run into trouble! I never figured, how sanity check really works!

Personally I compile marlin just under Linux, Mac should also be ok, but I don't know. Windows is just causing unnecessary problems and errors, but you can of course use Windows.

If you look for your problem concerning PlatformIO, you'll find help in the net. Good luck!

By the way, how big is your compiled code, since you are using an atmega2560?

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2022 03:18PM by hcet14.
March 09, 2023 01:59AM
Sorry for revive this old topic but i have the same problem, my printer just stop and show bluescreen when homing (sometimes after homing process).
Has a solution ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login