Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder stepper locked during filament change

Posted by BADinc 
Extruder stepper locked during filament change
November 13, 2022 01:30PM
Running Marlin 2.1.1 on a ender 5 pro with a microswiss DD. I use alot of TPU. I have a filament runout sensor. When the sensor triggers a filament change the extruder stepper is locked. I would like to manually load the filament to make sure the TPU feeds properly. The problem is the stepper is locked. I changed #define disable_E to true but it did not change anything. I set both the load and unload to 100 each and 0 each. All tests result in the same condition. Is there any way to change this or am I stuck the way it is?
Re: Extruder stepper locked during filament change
November 13, 2022 05:22PM
Many controller share the stepper enable enable pin with multiple stepper drivers. You need to disable all axis that the enable pin controls.

Eg the Creality V4.2.2 and V4.2.7

#define X_ENABLE_PIN PC3 // Shared
#define Y_ENABLE_PIN X_ENABLE_PIN
#define Z_ENABLE_PIN X_ENABLE_PIN
#define E0_ENABLE_PIN X_ENABLE_PIN

So you would have to disable all stepper to unlock E on this board.
November 13, 2022 06:00PM
Tried to find #define E0_ENABLE_PIN in config file, no luck. I'm new to this. Does that mean it can't be done without unlocking all steppers at the same time?
November 13, 2022 11:27PM
Pin definitions are in your controllers boards pin.h file eg Marlin/src/pins/stm32f1/pins_CREALITY_V4.h

But since you have not given any clues as to what controller you using. I cannot say anything definitive

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2022 11:28PM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login