Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

really need help with firmware

Posted by ryder2012 
really need help with firmware
November 21, 2022 12:27PM
hi everyone. im in a bit of a state here. i need help with marlin software. i just spent 2 hours going through it making changes needed to try and get my printer working and when i went to save it, platformio trashed the whole lot, now it just has line after line saying "script blah blah blah"

even after deleting the entire marlin folder and redownloading it platformio just wont open anything correctly so im really hoping a kind person on here will help me out.

im running an ender 3 pro with the BTT skr mini e3 V3 with a cr touch added and e3d V6 hot end.

i know theres issues with z probe homing and used this firmware from [github.com] and mavrears post which got the cr touch working, but its only the .bin file and no config files to make the changes needed for the V5 hot end......is anyone on here able to make the changes to the firmware so that the hotend and cr touch both work? please i know this is a huge ask, but im not good with firmware and i tried to ask e3d for help and they just emailed me a bunch of links to poor and shoddy guides.
Re: really need help with firmware
November 21, 2022 03:14PM
ok so i had another go, but it wont compile in visual code studio, heres my files

[www.dropbox.com]
November 21, 2022 05:32PM
The error is very clear

"Marlin/src/HAL/STM32/HAL.h:74:6: error: #error "SERIAL_PORT_2 must be from 1 to 6. You can also use -1 if the board supports Native USB.""

In your config your have

#define SERIAL_PORT_2 0

is 0 in the range 1 to 6? no it is not.

You have a BOARD_BTT_SKR_MINI_E3_V3_0

Serial ports on this controller

-1 usb port
1 EXP1
2 TFT port

You don't seem to be using a second serial port so simply disable it

//#define SERIAL_PORT_2 0

also disable #define PINS_DEBUGGING It doesn't work on this old code on that board.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2022 05:37PM by Dust.
November 22, 2022 12:29AM
oh my god. random person on the internet i utterly adore you! it compiled!

your a legend. im quite bad with firmware so this is a steep learning curve for me. just a few more changes to double check then i can load it up and test it. hopefully it all works XD

thank you once more. i will post back this evening with the results of how things went.
November 22, 2022 09:20AM
Hello ryder2012

Its been a long time between posts, I am glad to see you are back, there is a lot to learn here on RepRap.org.

I know we all have a limited amount of time these days, though we all can benefit from reading the posts.
I started by reading only the ones relating to my current needs, an over time skimming others that could be useful.
Now I read most of the posts and after over five years I am still learning this innovative world of 3D Printing.

Becoming more active here on RepRap.org will allow you the ability to learn more an become a great 3D Printer owner operator.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
November 22, 2022 10:07AM
ok so sadly that firmware did not do so well, i mean it did and it didnt,

it loaded to the printer fine, i got it to auto home using the probe as a z stop, and it even leveled the bed. with the bed heated to 60 and nozzle at 180

but when i went to start a print i get the message "power outage, please reset" then of course the typical resume/cancel.

but this is immediately after selecting to print and the bed/nozzle begins to heat
November 22, 2022 10:49AM
i changed the power_loss settings and it seems to be running okay
November 22, 2022 02:09PM
there is another issue, im constantly having to adjust the z probe offset. any ideas why this could be? its everytime i start a print on this?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login