Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ender 3 DACAI Display write 3:/image/0.jpg failed!

Posted by TheMDev 
Ender 3 DACAI Display write 3:/image/0.jpg failed!
January 19, 2023 08:06PM
Hi I have compiled marlin for my Ender 3 Neo Max for the GD chip, however when attaching the micro sd card to the display and trying to update the display firmware with the zlib and private folder it gets all the way to the last step and then fails with error: "write 3:/image/0.jpg failed!"
Any advice on what to try to debug this or fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Re: Ender 3 DACAI Display write 3:/image/0.jpg failed!
January 19, 2023 09:14PM
I take it that you're using the th3d flavor of Marlin. That's probably the best one since I've been seeing reports of Marlin having issues with the GD chips.

The DWIN instructions say to put the DWIN_SET folder on the SD card, not the private folder.
Re: Ender 3 DACAI Display write 3:/image/0.jpg failed!
January 19, 2023 10:08PM
There are current 4 very different versions of this display. (that we know of, so far)

[marlin.crc.id.au]

The DACAI does use the directory called private. The file are in a very different format to the files in DWIN_SET

Unfortunately there is absolutely nothing known about this display, other that it emulates a DWIN command set, the files in private are generated from the files in DWIN_SET files using a utility.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2023 10:18PM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login