Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printhead Exclusive Ramps

Posted by Screole 
Printhead Exclusive Ramps
May 10, 2023 02:01AM
Hey,

for a Project I'm using a Industrial Robot arm for 3D Printing (Yaskawa GP50)
However sadly we couldn't connect the Hotend directly to the built in I/O Ports so that we need a workaround.

The Idea was to take a Ramps Kit (Picture in Attachment) and control the Printhead (Hotend + 2 Fans+ Extruder) over the Module
The Extruder Data will be sent to a HC-05 Bluetooth module wich is connected to the Ramps.
The Temperature Settings should be Manual (Using the Smart LCD Module in the Picture )

After everything i read that should be more than possible , sadly I'm very unexperienced with editing the Firmware or writing my own Code to make this work.
(Currently we are using a Prusa 12V E3D V6 Hotend but it is possible to use another if there are any recommendations.
The rest of the Parts are still in acquisition, so there is plenty of room for changes )
If somebody could help me with that I would be more than happy about it .

PS: Sorry if this should be the wrong section, I have no Idea where to put this (Robos/Firmware/Projects/...?)
Attachments:
open | download - RAMPS KIT.PNG (263.7 KB)
VDX
Re: Printhead Exclusive Ramps
May 10, 2023 05:42AM
... as you'll need not only temperature control, but too moving-synchronisation between the robot and the extruder-motor, maybe better something like the 3D-printing modes as used with RoboDK?

[robodk.com]

AFAIK, there were several samples for using industry-robots for 3D-pronting ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 10, 2023 06:14AM
I am actually using RoboDK for the Path Generation.

The Problem is, that we cant use the Extruder/Hotend Lines of the generated code because for some reason, the entire robot control crashes and restarts, when I use them.
Since the Program is self-made, the Yaskawa Support wont help me ("we dont provide support for self-made Programs"), and according to RoboDK everything looks fine in the Program.

Therefore I currently wrote a System Job, wich permanently Outputs the TCP-Speed while driving with the Printing Speeds (<120mm/s since layer change will be at 130mm/s) to 8 Digital Outputs to form a Byte (no Analogs available sadly)
The Idea was to have a separate Arduino read out that Byte and Calculate the corresponding Extruder Value then send it via the Bluetooth module to the Reciever on the Ramps.

This might be quite a complex Solution , sadly with the given Resources it was the best i could come up with.
VDX
May 10, 2023 09:53AM
... best should be to check the crashing cause - this is most likely vor dropping the voltage for the controller below "brown-out" level ... so maybe wrong wiring or too much current draw (or not enough PS power) ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

VDX
May 10, 2023 09:56AM
... by rethinking -- check all the GND connections for current loops - had this too with several power-sources, where one wa not correct set, so a voltage difference of some ten(!) Volts between the different PS-GND's, what caused problems with current loops through the USB-cable shielding (it got hot after some ten seconds) ...

Viktor
--------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login