Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin Firmware Extern Extruder input

Posted by Screole 
Marlin Firmware Extern Extruder input
May 24, 2023 09:20AM
Hello,

for a Project im currently trying to modify the marlin software. The Goal is to send the TCP-Speed of a Robot to the Ramps 1.4 wich can then control the extruder that way.The Ramps board will only control the Printhead (Hotend + Fans + Extruder). The Problem is the only way to extract the TCP Speed is via 8 I/O's wich form a byte and the robot itself cant be connected to the extruder since it is a closed system.The pathing is done with RoboDK . I set up an Arduino Uno to print the according decimal number wich works fine. Also my Setup with the Arduino Mega 2560 and the Ramps 1.4 and a 24V PSU works in Pronterface. Now i need to establish a connection between the arduino UNO, and the Ramps 1.4 board so that marlin can extract the TCP Speed and set it as the Extruder Speed. The ideal way would be that i can somehow control the Temperature with Pronterface (wich worked already) but then automize the process with setting the extruder speed in the background.
Sadly I am not really experienced with programming especially not with marlin. My tries with the help of chatgpt and official documentations wont bring me any further than this and so I'm hoping that this is the right place to ask for help .

(Apparently I need to configure the serial Ports and then write a function in the gcode.cpp file but that goes way beyong my knowledge)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2023 09:22AM by Screole.
VDX
Re: Marlin Firmware Extern Extruder input
May 24, 2023 10:05AM
... maybe reduce the complexity by controlling the temperature and drive the extruder stepper with two differen small Arduinos? ... eventually even use a "normal" temp-controller for the temperature.

Then the targeted extruder-speed could be exported as 0-255 over the I/O's and the "speed"-Arduino will simply decode the bits and drive the extruder-stepper accordingly - then it's as easy as modifying one of the stepper-samples of the IDE ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login