Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 2.1.1 / Ender 5 random stop

Posted by arvest 
Marlin 2.1.1 / Ender 5 random stop
November 30, 2023 04:22AM
Hello,

i have a Ender 5 which runs Marlin 2.1.1.

Some history: I had some delayering issues, so I wanted to unclog the machine. Then when removing the nozzle, the nozzle broke off (too cheap nozzle?) and it was impossible to get out. So I replaced the whole printhead / cabling assembly with a brand new one I had laying around.

Since then the printer randomly stops mid-print. It gives a error beep of 8 short beeps and then a quite long one. The printing stops moving, except that after a few second the Z-axis moves down, pulling behind some filament (see photo). After that the printer remains completely frozen, the UI is unresponsive, and only thing to do is to do a hard reset.

It doesn't always happen, but it has happened multiple times now, usually after 2 or 3 layers, never more. In between I have done some very small successful prints.

Besides the obvious issue in the 3D printing, can somebody tell me if the beeping error code (the only piece of information I have) means something? Is there any log available I can download from the machine?
Attachments:
open | download - Ender_5_1.jpg (512.7 KB)
Re: Marlin 2.1.1 / Ender 5 random stop
December 27, 2023 06:16AM
Likely a temperature issue.

Check connections for the thermistor, and/or the heater.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login