Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No Z move during home, jog and endstops working fine

Posted by Jopj 
No Z move during home, jog and endstops working fine
May 30, 2024 03:37AM
After digging around I'm stumped how to debug this further and would be grateful for any pointers!

Using Marlin 2.1.2.2 on a Trigorilla 1.1 board and a cartesian double z motor printer (Anycubic I3 Mega), jogging all axes works fine Z included. All limit switches (x_min,y_min,z_min, z2_min) work correctly, reporting "open" when not pushed and "TRIGGERED" when pushed. X and Y axes home fine, but when it is time for the Z axis, there's no movement. Both z motors activate, serial reports busy: processing, but nothing happens. No pulses on the motors, or stall sounds. If I manually tap the z-limit switches the Z-homing passes, and the gantry happily moves up by Z_AFTER_HOMING amount.

The two Z motors are connected to separate controllers, and those are configured as dual z using Z2_DRIVER_TYPE and with multiple endstops using Z_MULTI_ENDSTOPS. According to M119 and jogging the Z axis these all work fine.

What I have tried so far:
- Disable virtual endstops, no effect
- Reduce z acceleration to a very low value, in case it stalls
- Reduce HOMING_FEEDRATE_MM_M to a very low value for the same reason
- Enabled endstop noise thresholds
- Changed motor drivers (TMC2209 standalone) for the sake of it, and re-checked vref
- Initiated homing with LCD instead of using G28, though I assume the LCD just does so anyway.

What I don't understand:
Z homing doesn't finish, so z-switches aren't spuriously triggered and z axis should move. The machine is capable of moving the z axis. There are no pulses on the motors, no attempt by the machine to move the z axis. Why not, what part of the homing process would hang it so?

Configurations included, any hints where I could look next greatly appreciated.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (173.3 KB)
open | download - Configuration.h (128.2 KB)
Re: No Z move during home, jog and endstops working fine
May 30, 2024 04:59AM
Use 2.1.2.3

2.1.2.2 has lots of issues
May 30, 2024 04:42PM
I'll try that! thumbs up
May 30, 2024 04:51PM
No change in the behavior, sadly.
May 30, 2024 05:22PM
Version 2.0.9.7 does home Z.with the same lines modified in the confs. I wonder why that is.
June 05, 2024 01:06PM
I just found the bug in 2.1.2.2 and 2.1.2.3 that breaks Z_MULTI_ENDSTOPS

See [github.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2024 01:06PM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login