Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

color touch LCD screen

Posted by fatesalign 
color touch LCD screen
February 22, 2016 11:22PM
Hello everyone. I'm looking at getting a duet controller for my i3, but I'm a little confused on one thing: How exactly does the interface for LCD's get decided? Is that up to the firmware and if so, is there an open source board that supports a really cool looking color touch screen?
Re: color touch LCD screen
February 23, 2016 12:50AM
did you checked the dc42 screen ?
February 23, 2016 11:33AM
Yeah. That's the one I know about. I just really like the newer, really nice looking interfaces. It does seem like many of the Chinese clones have the same interface, but it's really nice.
February 23, 2016 03:32PM
fatesalign
Yeah. That's the one I know about. I just really like the newer, really nice looking interfaces. It does seem like many of the Chinese clones have the same interface, but it's really nice.

Can you give an example of what you would like the interface to look like?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 23, 2016 06:27PM
dc42
fatesalign

Can you give an example of what you would like the interface to look like?
Possibly something like this: [us.xyzprinting.com]
or [createbot.net]
February 24, 2016 04:26AM
Thanks for those examples. Unfortunately, all I can see is the top level menu on those two, which looks very pretty but doesn't show any useful information.

The PanelDue firmware is open source (see [github.com]) so anyone with enough artistic ability, programming ability and time can change the user interface (I have the programming ability but not the other two). I have already accepted some button icons developed by others into the project. I have prototypes of an OEM variant of PanelDue with double the flash memory, to allow more space for custom logos and icons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2016 04:30AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login