Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPS LCD with Duet 0.6?

Posted by gmh39 
RAMPS LCD with Duet 0.6?
February 15, 2016 12:24PM
I'm finishing up building my Mini Kossel kit and I am planning on using Duet 0.6 board. However, the kit came with an LCD screen, specifically this one:

Is it possible to use this LCD with the Duet 0.6? I seems to be similar to the PanelOne, but an exact copy so I'm not sure.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
Re: RAMPS LCD with Duet 0.6?
February 16, 2016 05:16AM
No, that won't work with a Duet as it's designed for RAMPS - there's only 1 display that works with the Duet, and that's the one designed by dc42. It's more expensive, but it's also far more useful!

However, a display isn't really required unless you have a specific need, as the web interface is more than adequate for normal use.
February 16, 2016 08:31AM
David J
No, that won't work with a Duet as it's designed for RAMPS - there's only 1 display that works with the Duet, and that's the one designed by dc42. It's more expensive, but it's also far more useful!

However, a display isn't really required unless you have a specific need, as the web interface is more than adequate for normal use.

OK. That's what I figured.

I've been printing from SD on my Printrbot for the past few months and it has worked flawlessly *knocks-on-wood*. I really like being able to print without having my computer running the whole time. Is there a way to do that with the Duet without the dc42 LCD?

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
February 16, 2016 02:16PM
The Duet has a built-in micro SDHC card socket. You can select a file to print using the web interface or a USB host program. You can also upload files to the SD card over the web interface.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 16, 2016 04:10PM
It would be nice to have that display work with the Duet though. While the SD card socket isn't needed, it's a LOT less expensive than the interface & color touchscreen route and would allow people (like me) to leverage hardware they've got laying around. The interface wouldn't have to be comprehensive, just allow things like homing, picking a file from the internal SD card, etc.

g.
February 18, 2016 03:12PM
I believe someone is working on adding 2004 LCD support to the RepRap firmware. I agree it would be nice to have a simple interface for checking the status of the printer, maybe pre-heating the bed, or just quickly making adjustments while standing in front of the printer.

Alternatively, I am planning to use an old cellphone for my "LCD display", assuming I ever get around to it. I can mount it on the front of my printer for displaying the web interface, plus use the camera for IP video.
February 18, 2016 07:05PM
If you think a PanelDue is overkill for you, why not just bookmark the printer's IP address or netbios name on your smartphone?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login