Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PWM FAN 0 does not respond

Posted by setal2003 
PWM FAN 0 does not respond
May 12, 2016 07:22AM
Hello there, I have this problem from the beginning my pwm fan does not respond to any M 106 commands to increase or decrease its RPM
This is the only response I can get on the DWC
M106
Fan0 frequency: 500Hz, inverted: no, value: 48%
If I try M106 P0 S0 I have no response

Also via Duet Web Control the fan slider is active but has no effect

I run Firmware Version:1.11 (2016-04-14) and I have a 24 V DC Source with DUET 0.8.5
The fan has 2 cables and is for 24 volts

I also attached the config.g

Thankyou

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2016 07:23AM by setal2003.
Attachments:
open | download - config.g (3.3 KB)
Re: PWM FAN 0 does not respond
May 12, 2016 10:04AM
1. Are you sure you have the fan red and black wires the right way round? Red to V+, black to V- as marked on the underside of the board.

2. Does the fan work if you connect it direct to 24V?

3. If your board is a version 0.6 then there is an LED (D8) that should illuminate when you turn the fan on (e.g. by sending M106 P0 S255) and 12V or 24V power is applied. Does it? If not, your Duet is probably faulty.

HTH David

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 16, 2016 01:33PM
The fan does run when I start the printer and the led goes on but I cant control its speed if I put the speed at 20 % the M106 command returns that the speed is set to 20% but it remains the same....
May 16, 2016 04:46PM
A few more questions:

1. Does either M106 P0 S0 or M106 P0 S255 turn the fan and LED off?

2. Is it a normal PC-style axial fan, or something different?

3. Does the FAN1 output work properly? You will need to disable thermostatic mode first to test it, by sending M106 P1 H-1.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

May 18, 2016 03:49AM
I sent the M106 P1 H-1 then tried to modify the fan values even for FAN 0 or FAN 1 and no response they move like they are always on.
Here are the pictures with the fans and how they are connected
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0806_resize_resize.JPG (79 KB)
open | download - IMG_0807_resize_resize.JPG (66.2 KB)
open | download - IMG_0809_resize.JPG (168.5 KB)
May 18, 2016 03:59AM
And here is the duet board rotated like in the first picture.....I think i have done wrong connections there but Im not sure
Attachments:
open | download - DSC_92041.jpg (81.9 KB)
May 18, 2016 05:18AM
Here is here how I connected the fans to the board
CMD FAN1 with FAN0- pins connected together (brown wire) with PCBoard P4/P7/P5 + connector (round one) so round to round square to square.....
Tell me if it is wrong????
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0806_resize_resize.JPG (383.2 KB)
May 18, 2016 06:42AM
With the Duet oriented so that the large terminal blocks are at the left hand edge, the first and second fan connectors counting from the left are for always-on fans, then comes Fan0, finally Fan1. So the wire you have labelled Fan1 in your first image is connected to the second always-on fan connector, not to the Fan1 connector.

PRZ
May 18, 2016 07:46AM
Have a look on this schematic :
Duet_Wiring#Main_wiring [reprap.org]

Pierre

- Safety [reprap.org]
- Embedded help system for Duet and RepRap Firmware [forums.reprap.org]
- Enclosed delta printers Lily [rouzeau.net] and Lily Big [rouzeau.net]
- OpenScad delta printer simulator [github.com]
- 3D printing on my site [www.rouzeau.net]
May 18, 2016 04:42PM
Ok then I connected as you said
They are controlabile now but they work at the same time I mean if I send M106 P0 S255 also the FAN 1 goes to the 255 value....
If I move the slider on DWControl both fans increase or decrease their RPM at the same time....
I let both brown wires connected as in the above picture (in my mind this is ok)

Thanks for your help guys.....I think Im on the right track.....and I can see the light with your help......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2016 04:58PM by setal2003.
May 18, 2016 06:20PM
I have not been able to work out your wiring from the photos. The important thing is that the black wires on the 2 fans go separately to the minus terminals on the Fan1 and Fan2 connectors. The red wires on the fans can be commoned if you like and connected to the plus terminal on any of the fan outputs.

May 19, 2016 10:19AM
Thank you for your answers....now it works as it should do.......(''The important thing is that the black wires on the 2 fans go separately to the minus terminals on the Fan1 and Fan2 connectors. The red wires on the fans can be commoned if you like'')
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login