Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Readings Stuck After Pausing or Completing Print V1.12a

Posted by drentsoft 
Readings Stuck After Pausing or Completing Print V1.12a
May 25, 2016 09:30AM
I just upgraded to V1.12a from 1.09x as suggested by dc42 in my other post http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?262,666653,667555#msg-667555. In summary, some prints were crashing mid layer.

I just tested 1.12a out and I found a bit of an issue. First time I printed I paused to raise the head slightly as it was dragging on my print (PLA), when I resumed the print the extruder suddenly stopped and while I was trying to work out what the issue was I could hear popping. The temperature reading was 185 on the head but suddenly the head started leaking. I cancelled the print only to have the temperature reading jump to 235. I did an M122 and copied the data then reset the printer.

I tried again and this time the print completed however, even after the head homed the IR probe is reading 532 on the interface and the temperature readings have stuck at 184.5 and 30.1. On the plus side the print doesn't seem to be crashing mid-print any more but now I've got this issue.

I've attached a file with the M122 from both runs to see if that's any help in diagnosing.

Update: Just tried to reconnect without resetting the printer and I can't connect to the web interface. I didn't receive an AJAX connection error popup. Is this related to issue #44 on the github? https://github.com/dc42/RepRapFirmware/issues/44

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2016 09:36AM by drentsoft.
Attachments:
open | download - M122-1016-05-25.txt (2.3 KB)
Re: Readings Stuck After Pausing or Completing Print V1.12a
May 26, 2016 05:06PM
Hi drentsoft, it does indeed sound as though you have a similar problem to the one reported in issue #44. Unfortunately I have been unable to reproduce it - pause/resume always works correctly for me. I've been through the pause code once already looking for a problem, and I'll do so again.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Readings Stuck After Pausing or Completing Print V1.12a
June 07, 2016 12:32PM
Thanks dc42,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy printing trying to diagnose when crashes happen however it seems mostly random. When I upgraded to 1.12a the crashes did seem to reduce but

I had thought it might be an issue when reading from the SD card so I tried a print from Octoprint and it printed fine first time, however I've been unable to finish a print since, either using the web interface or using Octoprint.

The crashes happen mostly from cura files but do also happen with Slic3r files.

I downgraded the printer to the original 1.09k firmware and I'm still getting crashes mid print which it didn't do before the upgrade (though to be fair I had enough calibration issues that I rarely managed to finish a print, though it was always due to a manual stop). Is it possible my duet has developed an actual hardware fault? I followed the safety precautions when installing the board but I'm wondering if it might have been damaged by heat? I should add that I rarely use the heated bed and I have a mirrored cardboard plate between the board and the bed but I can't see what else could have gone wrong between it working before upgrading to 1.09x/1.12a and it not working now.

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2016 12:37PM by drentsoft.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login