Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Run Macros On Heater Commands

Posted by Halsare 
Run Macros On Heater Commands
September 22, 2016 08:54AM
I am starting a new printer build and will be using the Duet for its controller. One thing I was wanting to add was a small indicator panel that shows when the heated bed and hot end are active. I know there are some LEDs on the board indicating this already. I would rather not have to try and mount wires on the board to get to these signals. I have seen where the Duet supports a M code to activate lines on the expansion slot. Would it be possible to add the ability to run a macro when the temperature command is sent to a heater? What I was thinking is there would be an optional macro named HEATERxON.g and HEATERxOFF.g that would be called if the temperature value was over 0. The macro would contain the command to activate the line on the expansion slot.

Would something like this be possible?
Re: Run Macros On Heater Commands
September 22, 2016 10:22AM
Have you seen the PanelDue that's available, it's fairly cheap and can run touch screens between 4.3" and 7" which are also really good value if you import from China via eBay.

More details here - [miscsolutions.wordpress.com]

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
September 22, 2016 10:57AM
Yes, I have seen the panel and was going to have one. But I am wanting a status panel I can glance at from across the room to know what heaters are active. This is to complement the panel, not replace it.
September 23, 2016 04:18AM
Could you not just wire an LED and 1k resistor (assuming 12v - or 2.2k for 24v IIRC) in parallel to the hot end output or heated bed output. It would probably flicker on and off as it regulates the heat but would indicate when they were on.

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
September 23, 2016 02:13PM
I am trying to avoid the flickering. I had a setup like that on another printer and it was very distraction. It would keep catching my attention out of the corner of my eye.

I have a solution to the flicker issue I could use. However, being able to run a macro would be easier and simpler.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login