Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pause in G-code for Manual color change?

Posted by PDBeal 
Pause in G-code for Manual color change?
November 29, 2016 01:10PM
So, I've just finished building my latest CoreXY with yet another Duet 0.8.5, IR sensor and PanelDue with the Flexion Extruder. I'm interested in trying to make this do a manual color change. Is there any G-code that is supported in RepRapFirmware that I could put into my tool change code that would do something similar to the Pause button on a PanelDue?

I'm thinking if the G-code pauses for a tool change, uses M117 to display a message about changing the filament, I manually unload and reload the filament, and then manually resume the print. This would then allow me to "multi color" a print manually. I'm not talking a lot of color changes,but was curious if this was possible in the G-Code?
Re: Pause in G-code for Manual color change?
November 29, 2016 03:48PM
PDBeal
So, I've just finished building my latest CoreXY with yet another Duet 0.8.5, IR sensor and PanelDue with the Flexion Extruder. I'm interested in trying to make this do a manual color change. Is there any G-code that is supported in RepRapFirmware that I could put into my tool change code that would do something similar to the Pause button on a PanelDue?

I'm thinking if the G-code pauses for a tool change, uses M117 to display a message about changing the filament, I manually unload and reload the filament, and then manually resume the print. This would then allow me to "multi color" a print manually. I'm not talking a lot of color changes,but was curious if this was possible in the G-Code?

You can use M226 in your gcode file to cause the print to pause at that point. Put your M117 command either immediately before the M226 command in your file for printing, or in your pause.g file. You could also use M300 to make as beep, or several M300 commands to play a tune.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2016 03:49PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login