Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Duet Web Control 1.14 and RepRapFirmware 1.17a-ch

Posted by chrishamm 
New Duet Web Control 1.14 and RepRapFirmware 1.17a-ch
January 04, 2017 05:48PM
I'm quite happy to officially release DWC 1.14 and my firmware fork RRF 1.17a-ch. Credits for most of the firmware changes since my last 1.13 release go to dc42 - it took me a while to catch up with all his latest changes but they were definitely worth it!

For more details about both new versions please refer to this thread: [www.duet3d.com]

For your convenience here the links to my latest DWC builds (requires RRF 1.17+): [github.com] And if you want to try out my firmware fork, you can find my prebuilt binaries here: [github.com]

Let me know how you like them!
Re: New Duet Web Control 1.14 and RepRapFirmware 1.17a-ch
January 05, 2017 03:11AM
Yesterday I installed the RADDS version 1.17a and generated a heightmap.csv. Unfortunately, I don't have DWC with RADDS and I couldn't even install it on the SD-card ( M997 S2 = unknown command )
Is there any other way to visualize the .csv data?
January 05, 2017 03:23AM
You could load the .csv file in a spreadsheet and use the charting facility in the spreadsheet.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 05, 2017 06:07AM
The height map could do with one enhancement - something to indicate where the X0-Y0 origin point is on the image.
January 06, 2017 12:51PM
Doesn't the red arrows in the one corner already do that?
January 06, 2017 01:21PM
No 'red arrows' on my screen - there's the 3-colour X-Y-Z arrows, but they're just floating around 'off the bed'. I suppose that they indicate the origin, but I'm only guessing.
January 07, 2017 05:35AM
Re-reading what I've written - perhaps I haven't made myself clear...

The best thing I can do is give an example from the Repetier-Host application:

The little dot in one corner of the grid indicates unambiguously the location of the X0:Y0 origin. Something like this in the bed image would be ideal.
January 07, 2017 03:46PM
There's a set of arrows at one corner of the grid, red, green, blue. They start at the origin point.
January 07, 2017 04:01PM
What is probably bad/miss leading about this grid is the large gap between those three arrows and the start of your grid. On my coreXY, the IR sensor is +33mm from my nozzle, which means my probe points are all between X33 and X200. This then leads to an almost useless grid as it can't compensate from X0-X33. This leads me to believe this grid setup needs to have a probe very very close to your nozzle as in less than 5mm away from it for it to accurately probe the entire bed. Alternatively, the machine would need travel paths that allow the probe to go from min to max size of the bed so 0-200mm in my case meaning my length of travel for the head would really need to be -33 to 200 instead of the 0 to 200.

TLDR: Probe distance from the nozzle will affect the usefulness of this feature making it impossible to cover and compensate for the entire bed
January 07, 2017 05:18PM
stephenrc
There's a set of arrows at one corner of the grid, red, green, blue. They start at the origin point.

I know what you're saying - it's only a trivial point anyway, so I'm not going to get emotional about it!

I think that part of my problem is that when the grid is first displayed the arrows are in the 'far corner' of the image (top-right) instead of the usual lower-left, meaning that I have to rotate the image every time to get it in the orientation I expect. But I can live with it, even though I think it could be improved. smiling smiley
January 07, 2017 06:45PM
PDBeal
What is probably bad/miss leading about this grid is the large gap between those three arrows and the start of your grid. On my coreXY, the IR sensor is +33mm from my nozzle, which means my probe points are all between X33 and X200. This then leads to an almost useless grid as it can't compensate from X0-X33. This leads me to believe this grid setup needs to have a probe very very close to your nozzle as in less than 5mm away from it for it to accurately probe the entire bed. Alternatively, the machine would need travel paths that allow the probe to go from min to max size of the bed so 0-200mm in my case meaning my length of travel for the head would really need to be -33 to 200 instead of the 0 to 200.

TLDR: Probe distance from the nozzle will affect the usefulness of this feature making it impossible to cover and compensate for the entire bed

If you are using my mini IR sensor, it's designed to fit below the heatsink of an E3Dv6 hot end so that you can get it close to the nozzle. The one on my delta is 13 mm from the nozzle. It used to be less, but the new E3D heater block that accepts PT100 sensors is larger than the old one.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

January 07, 2017 09:15PM
dc42
If you are using my mini IR sensor, it's designed to fit below the heatsink of an E3Dv6 hot end so that you can get it close to the nozzle. The one on my delta is 13 mm from the nozzle. It used to be less, but the new E3D heater block that accepts PT100 sensors is larger than the old one.

Mounting it to the E3D hotend fan isn't the best idea. I tried this a while back and if the fan ever rotates with the hotend it'll change the trigger height. I've had better consistent luck with it reading from a stationary bracket that is on my head block, but independent of the hotend itself. Due to the heat from the hotend, my bracket puts the IR sensor 33mm in the positive X axis from the actual nozzle. I imagine it might work better if the sensor is inline with the X axis with just a Y offset considering the machine can travel beyond 200Y on my machines.
January 08, 2017 03:51AM
I don't mount the sensor on the fan. I use a printed fan duct that accepts a 40mm fan (which should be quieter than the 30mm E3D one), holds the hot end in place, and has mounting points for the sensor just below the fan. See [www.thingiverse.com].

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login