Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PanelDue STOP not the same as DWC Emergency Stop?

Posted by PDBeal 
PanelDue STOP not the same as DWC Emergency Stop?
May 21, 2017 01:36PM
I've run into an issue on starting one of my printers and noticed the STOP button on the PanelDue isn't acting the same as the Emergency Stop button on the DWC page. It seems as though the STOP button doesn't do anything, or just queue's up a STOP command. When it doesn't stop the printer, I immediately go over to the DWC and hit the Emergency Stop button so I don't know if it did queue up a STOP command or not. The DWC Emergency Stop button however stops all motion and reboots the duet 0.8.5. In my case, the DWC button is doing what I'd expect, but I thought the new PanelDue button was supposed to do the same function?

Duet 0.8.5
Firmware Version: 1.18.1 (2017-04-09)
Web Interface Version: 1.15a
PanelDue Firmware Version: 1.16

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2017 01:36PM by PDBeal.
Re: PanelDue STOP not the same as DWC Emergency Stop?
May 22, 2017 04:06PM
From my early testing, this STOP button isn't functioning on the PanelDue while it is homing or doing the G29 or G30 routines. In my case, as it was homing the Z axis, the DC42 IR sensor was not triggering properly and it was ramming the nozzle into my PEI bed. Not sure how or why, but the DC42 IR sensor was reading 12 when nothing was close and then 174 when it was trying to run into the bed. After hitting the STOP button a few times, it was halted by the Emergency Stop button on the DWC.

As far as the DC42 IR sensor, I pulled out the 3 pin connector waited a few seconds and then plugged it back in and everything was back to normal. Not quite sure how it had gotten stuck into the weird reading state unless it was 1 in a million chance of the sun reflecting off the PEI sheet when I powered the printer up.
Re: PanelDue STOP not the same as DWC Emergency Stop?
May 22, 2017 04:12PM
I'll log the emergency stop behaviour as a probable bug.

Regarding the IR sensor, I suspect you have a bad crimp connection on the Out pin.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login