Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fan voltage

Posted by fma 
fma
Fan voltage
June 19, 2017 01:56AM
Hi!

If I power up the Duet with 24V, do I need to use 24V fans? Or is there an onboard DC/DC conversion to 12V?

Thanks,

Frédéric
Re: Fan voltage
June 19, 2017 02:09AM
There is no onboard 12V converter on any of the Duets, but there is on the DueX2 and DueX5 expansion boards. 24V fans are readily available on eBay and elsewhere.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
fma
June 19, 2017 02:24AM
Is it possible to route the DueX5 fans outputs as main PLA fan, and as hotend heatsink fan?

Do you know when DueX5 boards will be available?

Thanks,

Frédéric
June 20, 2017 05:45AM
1. Yes:

- RRF allows you to map the print cooling fan to any fan channel on a per-tool basis. So your main print cooling fan can be connected to the DueX5, and a M106 command without a P parameter will then control it whenever the hot end tool is selected. Or you can control it at any time using M106 with a P parameter that specifies the channel directly.

- Any fan can be configured as a thermostatic fan.

- Alternatively, you can feed the 12V output from the regulator on the DueX5 to the centre pin of the fan voltage selector block on the Duet, then all the fans connected to the Duet will run from 12V.

2. The first DueX5 boards of the latest production batch were tested successfully by our assembly subcontractor yesterday, so they should be on sale very soon.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2017 06:23PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
fma
June 20, 2017 06:20AM
Thanks for your answer!

Frédéric
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login