Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Paste extruder setup - print head and feeder (DUET-WIFI)

Posted by CJ.BRAVO 
Paste extruder setup - print head and feeder (DUET-WIFI)
May 20, 2019 06:30AM
Hey there,

I've got a paste extruder setup which has a print-head and feeder (for the paste).

Was wondering how to setup the tools - the print-head is wired to E0 and feeder to E1.

Feeder should work (different steps) simultaneous with the print-head.

What should I put in the G-CODE?

Thanks.

CJ.
VDX
Re: Paste extruder setup - print head and feeder (DUET-WIFI)
May 20, 2019 06:50AM
... better use only E0 for both - the "faster" with direct stepping and the "slower" with a divider ratio for the E0-steps ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 20, 2019 08:44AM
ok, how do write the ""slower" with a divider ratio for the E0-steps " ?
VDX
May 20, 2019 09:16AM
... best with a separate circuit or a mini Arduino as "binary divider" ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 20, 2019 11:14AM
Configure the tool to use 2 extruders and no heaters, e.g.:

M563 P0 D0:1

(Note no H parameter).

Configure mixing with a 1:1 mix ratio:

M567 P0 E1:1

In M92 configure the steps/mm for each extruder to get the relative speed you want, e.g.:

M92 E500:300

(In this example, the first extruder is 500 steps/mm and the second is 300).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2019 11:28AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 20, 2019 11:52AM
don't you mean

M567 P0 E1:1 ; MIX RATIO ?

maybe its a bit off topic but how do I determine the step/mm for each extruder...

and also... how would I run a command to test feed only one of the extruders? if I do G1 E100 it runs only one of them.. the E1 actually, not E0...

thoughts?
May 21, 2019 10:35AM
Well, I can help with the steps/mm at least.

The steps/mm is relative to the diameter if the supposed filament, which is a part of the tool definition. Common FDM printer filaments are 1.75mm and 3mm, and the steps/mm for the extruder is how many pulses are sent to the motor in order to extrude that amount of filament. The slicer is really looking for a volume, so it calculates that based on the diameter if the filament each linear mm will result ins a certain volume in mm^3 (For example, 1.75mm filament is 2.4053mm^3 per linear mm. 3mm filament is 7.06858mm^3 per linear mm) The slicer needs the nozzle and filament diameter in order to tell the printer how many mm of filament to extrude.

I would probably recommend that you tell your slicer that you are using a common filament diameter. We'll say 3mm. Your steps/mm then is the number of motor steps that will result in 7.06858mm^3 of paste being pressed through, regardless of how much linear distance that results in.

If this is an unreasonable number, then you may need to change it. You want the number to be high enough to give you a reasonable resolution, and low enough to allow you to move the print head at a reasonable speed.

MBot3D Printer
MakerBot clone Kit from Amazon
Added heated bed.

Leadscrew self-built printer (in progress)
Duet Wifi, Precision Piezo parts
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login