Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homing issues

Posted by tubaman 
Homing issues
March 05, 2022 05:24AM
Hi, I'm trying to set up a Duet2 wifi board with RepRap on my cnc machine. I'm using the Workbee firmware version although I don't think this is causing the issue I have. I have the axis sizes set to X650 and Y600 ( M208 X0 Y0 Z0 S1 ; Set axis minima
M208 X650 Y600 Z200 ; Set axis maxima ) and limit switches at the low end ( M574 X1 P"xstop" S1 ; Set active low X endstop
M574 Y1 P"ystop" S1 ; Set active low Y endstop
M574 Z0 P"zstop" S1 ; Set active low Z endstop )
What I don't understand is why, after homing, the machine always sets its position to the high end, X650, Y600 and not X0, Y0.
Can someone please explain what I am doing wrong? Thanks
VDX
Re: Homing issues
March 05, 2022 06:01AM
... with many firmwares you can set the "homing position" to any value, you want ... so check, if you have set it somewhere to max.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
March 05, 2022 04:22PM
I think I've got it sorted now. Workbee version uses separate homing script files referenced from config.g
It boiled down to a case of perming any one from 16 - endstop config, axis direction, homing direction and axis length!
March 08, 2022 03:50AM
I'm glad you solved it. For faster response to questions about Duet and RRF in future, I suggest you post at [forum.duet3d.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login