Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Detla Movement Issues - Random Stops

Posted by jd101 
Detla Movement Issues - Random Stops
February 10, 2016 01:01PM
Hello everyone,

This is my large scale (1500mm tall) Ceramic and Concrete Delta that I am having problems with.

Late last year I upgraded to duet electronics and it seemed to be fine - but now the printer stepper motors randomly stop intermitantly (sometimes one motor and sometimes all) which puts the printer out of sorts and means the print head becomes off centre. Often it will print the first few layers perfectly and then start playing up.

I have (last week) replaced the duet board with a new one to see if that was the issue - but to not much success. Also I do not think it is the stepper motors themselves. And have tried it with the timing belts not connected - there is still a knocking and stuttering that seems to get worse the longer the print is on.

I have relied heavily on David Crockers information from his blog...

[miscsolutions.wordpress.com]

And Davids firmware: [github.com].

But have done a bit of guessing along the way.

There is no extruder motor as this uses a completely separate larger motor. No heated bed. I have attached two thermometers. But really all the delta is doing is controlling movement while the clay is pushed by the external extruder.

I am printing from a Micro SD with a Panel Due.

I have been using Slic3r and Cura.

I have also had a play with the arm lengths and have tried various lengths

I dont know if all that made sense. This morning I will try a 24 Volt power source and see if that helps - as I have been using 12V beyond that I am out of ideas.

Any thoughts would be great.
Attachments:
open | download - printer.jpg (127.7 KB)
open | download - website20150928_0016 (1).jpg (284.5 KB)
open | download - folded.jpg (234.8 KB)
open | download - website20150928_0017 (1).jpg (456.2 KB)
Re: Detla Movement Issues - Random Stops
February 10, 2016 04:10PM
Power issue = problem solved.
February 10, 2016 05:05PM
I'm glad you fixed the problem. I expect your 12V PSU was dropping out. What sort of PSU was it?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 11, 2016 04:06PM
Nice printer you have there. Do you have a page or somethign that i can read some more things about ur printer and ur extruder. Also any things made from concrete ?

Nice one mate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login