Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet 0.8.5 and Fan Always On Connection

Posted by Viper97 
Duet 0.8.5 and Fan Always On Connection
March 10, 2016 01:34PM
I'm hooking up a hot end constant fan as well as two 50mm fans for cooling the bed. I have them plugged into the always on fan sockets but it turns on they don't power up. Hmmm... I've checked the wiring of the fans and all is well there. Positive to positive and negative to negative. Then I thought... oh there must be a M code to turn on the fans... it appears I found the PWM fan M code but nothing related to the actual Always On connection.

I'm probably missing something simple here (I'm new to the Duet) and this is not a show stopper since I can always wire directly to the 24V PSU. However I was hoping to find the 'correct' way (and hopefully learn a bit more) about how the Duet and the G/M codes work.

Am I missing something? Currently using DC42's latest release (r I believe).

Suggestions? Guidance? A gentle nudge off the precipice?

Regards... and thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2016 01:35PM by Viper97.
Re: Duet 0.8.5 and Fan Always On Connection
March 10, 2016 03:34PM
The always on fan connectors are wired direct to the power input, so they are not controlled by software at all.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 10, 2016 04:28PM
dc42
The always on fan connectors are wired direct to the power input, so they are not controlled by software at all.

Thanks DC... I thought that was how it worked. Sometimes when it doesn't work the way I thought it did... I tend to delve deeper into the mystery than I should. I'll review my connections again or choose the alternate method.
March 11, 2016 01:53AM
sort of related, what commands control a second fan? Is there a list of commands the dc42 firmware supports? I have looked but can't find a way to list the heights of the probed points for auto level. I just ran G32 with option 6.

Cool handle Viper smiling smiley
March 11, 2016 06:37AM
voi9viper
sort of related, what commands control a second fan? Is there a list of commands the dc42 firmware supports? I have looked but can't find a way to list the heights of the probed points for auto level. I just ran G32 with option 6.

For RRF, [reprap.org] is treated as the master document for supported gcodes. You need M106 P1 to control the second fan. M122 provides various diagnostics including the heights of the probe points. Or if you do a G32 with option S-1 instead of S6 on the last G30 command in bed.g, it will probe and report the heights without changing the calibration.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login