Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New RepRapFirmware 1.09x-dc42

Posted by dc42 
Re: New RepRapFirmware 1.09x-dc42
March 21, 2016 12:46PM
i agree with the filament sensor integration . to take it a step further i saw there are some filament width sensors that can work with ramps taking on the fly the filament width and settign the extrusion scale according to the reading.

At least think about it on ur new board.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
March 21, 2016 05:09PM
That facility is on my list to implement this week - I just need to catch up with chrishamm's latest networking changes and test firmware retraction first.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
IOI
March 22, 2016 04:37AM
Hello David, that's great, I hope I'll have more than "desktop standalone setup" next week so I could test it attached to a printer if there wil be a possibility.
How do you plan on implementing the functionality?
I thought it would be good to have a separate macro for emergency pause to be able to treat it differently than a standard pause.
There could be also an alert in web UI I'm not sure what real possibilities are.

So far this is truly an amazing setup, we use customized smoothieware but I start to like duet much more, and web interface is truly great.
Probably we'll try to make a printfarm version of it to be able to support many printers at once, but that's just another story.
March 27, 2016 03:42AM
IOI, why would you want it to pause differently than the standard pause procedure?
I am new in 3D printer world, so I get filament jams once in while too often smiling smiley.
From the other side, if one is not around, it would be nice for the printer to shut down the heaters... I guess if it was up to me I would do it like this:
- no filament movement for x seconds: pause the print normally
- if no user reaction longer than x minutes: shut down the heaters
But never cancel the print actually, since if it is exactly what we do not want, actually.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login