Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Multi color with single nozzle failure

Posted by selva_tvi 
Multi color with single nozzle failure
March 12, 2016 02:42AM
Hi,

I am using DUET-0.6 board from Replikeo. I tried to print a file in Spiral vase mode. (Slic3r). I tried to pause the print and wanted to change the filament (another color). After inserting new filament, I resumed the print. But the print head was not moving, also it created a blob in the print. Again I paused and resumed the print. This time it started printing, but instead of circles it created Ellipses.

The steps I did are:
1. Sliced the file with Slic3r.
2. Added color print option with Prusa Color Print (But this didnt work) [prusaprinters.org]
3. When it was printing at some 150th layer, I manually Paused the print using DUET web control.
4. Unloaded the filament (using Unload filament from Spools option in Web control) about 400mm.
5. Re-inserted the new filament (for different color).
6. Loaded the filament (using Load filament from Spools option in Web control) about 200mm.
7. Then slowly Extruded the filament (From Machine control option) about 200mm.
8. Resumed the print. The print head moved to the last position, but instead of printing, it created a big blob.
9. Paused it and again resumed the print.
10. It started printing. But in elliptical manner instead of circular motion.

What mistake I have done?

Thanks & Regards
Selvakumaran

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2016 02:43AM by selva_tvi.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20160312_125745.jpg (332.7 KB)
open | download - IMG_20160312_125804.jpg (202.5 KB)
Re: Multi color with single nozzle failure
March 12, 2016 03:06AM
If you are using my pause.g and resume.g files, then the pause file retracts 4mm of filament, and the resume file undoes that retraction. So unless you retracted 4mm after changing filament but before pressing Resume, it will have started by going back to the pause position and then extruding 4mm of excess filament. Hence the blob. This over-extrusion may then have prevented free movement of the print head.

You can edit pause.g and resume.g to remove the retraction if you wish.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 12, 2016 04:08AM
Oh.. k.. But it was not looking like excess 4mm of filament. Might have extruded minimum of 10mm filament. It was continuously extruding the filament at one place before I manually press the Pause button. Also, why is the strange behavior of web control? Please look at the IMG_20160312_125745.jpg.
March 12, 2016 07:48AM
Check that the pause.g and resume.g files have M83 commands in them, before the G1 E commands that do the retract and unretract. Early versions of these files did not have them, which is OK if your gcode file uses relative extruder coordinates (which is recommended for RepRapFirmware), but not if your gcode file uses absolute extruder coordinates.

Also, please report which firmware version you are using.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2016 07:49AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login