Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Controller failure?

Posted by ElmoC 
Controller failure?
March 26, 2016 08:16PM
Has anyone seen a controller fail in a way where everything seems to be working fine, but when printing, prints like this...

I am using it on a CoreXY printer and the Y0 driver seems to have gone bad. It would cause the motor to click loudly from skipping step. I remapped that channel to the E1 driver. The clicking sound went away, but the prints are looking like this.

I have ordered a new Duet that I was planning on using for another printer I am working on. Will probably have to use it for this if the controller is bad.
Re: Controller failure?
March 31, 2016 01:20AM
did you checked the printer itself. it seems like a problem to the moving parts ( i imagine it would be belt) . it seems it is loose and every time it jumps a teeth ....!

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
March 31, 2016 03:02AM
It seems unlikely that two drivers would suffer from similar faults. I suggest you check:

- That the motor turns smoothly when disconnected from the Duet (always turn the power off before connecting/.disconnecting motors). Occasionally, a piece of swarf gets left inside a motor and jams the rotor.

- That the motor cable is sound, especially where the connectors are crimped on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2016 03:50AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 31, 2016 06:37PM
Okay. I think I have found the problem. Turns out it was a controller error. The controller that sits on my shoulder.

I was loosening the belts to test out that the motors were spinning freely. As I loosened on of the belts, I noticed the geared pulley on the motor dropped. When I looked at it, one of the set screws was almost completely out of the hole and the other one was AWOL. Luckily, it had fallen into the motor mount area so it was easily retrieved. I have now reseated the set screws using loctite to make sure they stay in place. I haven't tested the printer yet, but I'm pretty sure this is the issue.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login