Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

M98 Not working

Posted by ElmoC 
M98 Not working
April 04, 2016 08:59AM
I'm trying to call a macro file and when I use the M98 command through the web interface, it reports it cannot find the macro file. However, if I run the file from the Macros page in the web interface, it runs fine. The file name is "LowerBed" (no .g at the end) and I use "M98 PLowerBed". I have tried running the other macro files with the same results. What am I doing wrong?
Re: M98 Not working
April 04, 2016 09:22AM
If you are using dc42's fork, you must specify the absolute file path in M98 like

M98 P/macros/LowerBed

unless it's present in /sys. My firmware fork first checks if the macro file is present in /sys and then in /macros, so you could omit the directory if you used it.
April 04, 2016 09:24AM
chrishamm
If you are using dc42's fork, you must specify the absolute file path in M98 like

M98 P/macros/LowerBed

unless it's present in /sys. My firmware fork first checks if the macro file is present in /sys and then in /macros, so you could omit the directory if you used it.

Tried that too with no luck. sad smiley The file is in the /macros directory.
April 04, 2016 09:44AM
Maybe you're missing a space? Does "M98 P/macros/Lower Bed" work?

You can also enable logging for all successful G-codes on the settings page, which allows you to check what code the web interface sends to the firmware.
April 04, 2016 10:00AM
chrishamm
Maybe you're missing a space? Does "M98 P/macros/Lower Bed" work?

You can also enable logging for all successful G-codes on the settings page, which allows you to check what code the web interface sends to the firmware.

I made the name without spaces to avoid that situation. I did try it with quotes though and no luck.

I will try the game code logging tonight when I get home. Thanks for that suggestion.
April 04, 2016 06:41PM
chrishamm

So I turned on the logging and grabbed the command the Duet used...

M98 P/macros/LowerBed

Well, it worked this afternoon. Thing is, that is one of the formatsI tried earlier that didn't work. Guess the controller was still asleep.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login