Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New RepRapFirmware 1.11-dc42 in beta

Posted by dc42 
New RepRapFirmware 1.11-dc42 in beta
April 10, 2016 05:07PM
I have released version 1.11 beta 1 of my fork of RepRapFirmware here [github.com] (follow the link and then press Raw to download it). The changes in this release are:

* Switched to a new core based on ASF 3.31. This core features an interrupt and DMA-driven USB interface, hardware-scheduled ADC conversions, and supports not only the SAM3X processor used on the Duet but also the SAM4E processor on the next-generation Duet (which for now I am referring to as the DuetNG).

* Implemented chrishamm's network and webserver module improvements including Telnet streaming, and some other improvements from his fork (thanks, Chris!)

* Added a build configuration for the DuetNG. The DuetNG-specific code is not published yet.

I'm calling it a beta because of the major changes to the core, which although they are working reliably on my two printers, may yet produce some surprises. Please report any new issues you have with this release to me.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New RepRapFirmware 1.11-dc42 in beta
April 13, 2016 06:10PM
Should we be able to see the Firmware version changed to 1.11 on the DWC Settings page? I'm still seeing it at Firmware Version: 1.10 (2016-03-24)
April 13, 2016 06:29PM
@llamatrails, yes you should see it changed - I do.

btw so far just one new bug has come to light in 1.11beta1. On a Duet 0.8.5, the motor current for the second extruder is not set correctly, and is typically too low to be usable. I will issue an update tomorrow.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

April 16, 2016 12:20PM
Hi dc42,

I tried building your version from source following the build instructions using the latest RepRapFirmware (14 April) and CoreDuet (9 April) branches, but I got compilation errors. It seems that the core interface has changed a bit?

17:17:10 **** Incremental Build of configuration ReleaseWithCoreDuet for project RepRapFirmware ****
make all 
'Building file: ../src/Libraries/MAX31855/MAX31855.cpp'
'Invoking: Cross G++ Compiler'
arm-none-eabi-g++ -D__SAM3X8E__ -DF_CPU=84000000 -DUSBCON -DUSB_PID=0x003e -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -Dprintf=iprintf -I"C:\workspace_rrp\CoreDuet\cores\arduino" -I"C:\workspace_rrp\CoreDuet\libraries\Wire" -I"C:\workspace_rrp\CoreDuet\system\libsam" -I"C:\workspace_rrp\CoreDuet\system\CMSIS\Device\ATMEL" -I"C:\workspace_rrp\CoreDuet\system\CMSIS\CMSIS\Include" -I"C:\workspace_rrp\CoreDuet\variants\duet" -I"C:\workspace_rrp\CoreDuet\system\libsam\include" -I"C:\workspace_rrp\RepRapFirmware\src" -I"C:\workspace_rrp\RepRapFirmware\src\Duet" -I"C:\workspace_rrp\RepRapFirmware\src\Duet\Lwip" -I"C:\workspace_rrp\RepRapFirmware\src\Duet\EMAC" -I"C:\workspace_rrp\RepRapFirmware\src\Libraries\Fatfs" -I"C:\workspace_rrp\RepRapFirmware\src\Libraries\MAX31855" -I"C:\workspace_rrp\RepRapFirmware\src\Libraries\MCP4461" -I"C:\workspace_rrp\RepRapFirmware\src\Libraries\Flash" -O2 -Wall -c -std=gnu++11 -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -nostdlib --param max-inline-insns-single=500 -MMD -MP -MF"src/Libraries/MAX31855/MAX31855.d" -MT"src/Libraries/MAX31855/MAX31855.d" -o "src/Libraries/MAX31855/MAX31855.o" "../src/Libraries/MAX31855/MAX31855.cpp"
../src/Libraries/MAX31855/MAX31855.cpp: In member function 'void MAX31855::Init(uint8_t)':
../src/Libraries/MAX31855/MAX31855.cpp:92:37: error: too few arguments to function 'void spi_master_init(Spi*, int, int)'
   spi_master_init(MAX_SPI, device.cs);
                                     ^
In file included from ../src/Libraries/MAX31855/MAX31855.h:5:0,
                 from ../src/Libraries/MAX31855/MAX31855.cpp:1:
C:\workspace_rrp\CoreDuet\variants\duet/spi_master.h:168:13: note: declared here
 extern void spi_master_init(Spi *p_spi, int ul_cs_pin, int ul_npcs_pin);
             ^
make: *** [src/Libraries/MAX31855/MAX31855.o] Error 1

What is Open Source?
What is Open Source Hardware?
Open Source in a nutshell: the Four Freedoms
CC BY-NC is not an Open Source license
April 16, 2016 04:24PM
My latest RepRapFirmware source builds with CoreNG, not CoreDuet. I've just updated the build instructions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2016 04:26PM by dc42.

April 16, 2016 06:00PM
April 19, 2016 03:26AM
Just to let you know, the firmware is working very well on the original duet. I have printed a number of different objects with no problems.
great job

appjaws - Core XYUV Duet Ethernet Duex5
firmware 3.1.1 Web Interface 3.1.1
Ormerod 1-converted to laser engraver, Duet wifi
OpenSCAD version 2020.07
slic3r-1.3.0, Simplify3D 4.1.2, Cura-4.4.1
Re: New RepRapFirmware 1.11-dc42 - released
April 19, 2016 03:37AM
appjaws1
Just to let you know, the firmware is working very well on the original duet. I have printed a number of different objects with no problems.
great job

Thanks for the feedback!

In case anyone hasn't realised, my 1.11 release came out of beta several days ago. The only change from the beta is that the E1 motor current on the Duet 0.8.5 is fixed - and on my board at least it is more accurate than it used to be.

April 25, 2016 09:36AM
Just thought I'd let you know that the update installed on my Duet 0.6 via the web interface without issue, it was a delight not having to plug into a PC to do it. Makes the upgrade process so much quicker.

thanks

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
April 25, 2016 12:30PM
I'm glad the upgrade went well for you. You have chrishamm to thank for the over-the-web firmware update feature.

April 25, 2016 02:05PM
Is there some known limitation that at least G28 and G30 commands can't be executed via telnet?

G28
ok
Attempt to move the motors of a delta printer to absolute positions
Attempt to move the head of a delta printer before homing the towers
Attempt to move the head of a delta printer before homing the towers

and nothing moved. The web interface on the other hand executes the homing as expected when G28 is given.

G30 via telnet will do the probing but appears to somehow get stuck after that. M122 via the web interface shows that "telnet is doing "G30"".
April 25, 2016 04:07PM
Which firmware version are you using? Chrishamm did some fixes to telnet support and I included them in version 1.11.

April 25, 2016 05:47PM
RepRapFirmware-1.11-dc42.bin is in use with Duet 0.8.5 in a Kossel Mini.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login