Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heater not active while printing

Posted by selva_tvi 
Heater not active while printing
April 22, 2016 09:11AM
Hi,

I am using 1.09x-DC42 Reprap firmware on DUET 0.6 board from Replikeo. Web interface is excellent. All the controllers are working fine.

I have some queries:
1. I open the web interface. Upload a Gcode file to the microSD card. I start printing. The web interface, first automatically enables the Bed temperature as 'Active'. After the bed temp. reaches its set point, it does homing and auto bed leveling. But after that, the hot end temperature is not set to 'Active'. It goes to 'Standby' mode only. Due to this, the hot end doesn't go the set temperature and it is not printing. Anyway to auto enable the hot end to 'Active' like the bed temperature while printing?
2. In Pronterface, when we load the Gcode, it will show the 3d object. While printing, it will show the path of the current layer. Is there any plan to incorporate the same in Web interface?
3. I wanted to add new temperatures for Heater and Bed. When I add it in settings, it is accepting. But, when I restart the web interface, I am not finding those added temperatures.

Regards
Selvakumaran
PRZ
Re: Heater not active while printing
April 22, 2016 10:59AM
1/ The behaviour at beginning of printing depends from the G-code you define in your slicer at the beginning of your prints.
Have a look at it. It may be possible that homing macro deselect the tool, so you may reselect tool to reactivate it (T0) at the end of your start printing code. Have also a look at your homing macro. IN Slic3R, it is in Printer tab, option 'Custom G-code'
Note that when you have a heated bed, separating the printer preparation from the printing may be a good option, see [reprap.org]

I do separate preparation and the only custom G-code sent at the beginning of my print is :
M107; Shut down fan
T0; select tool

3/ Configuration parameters are memorised in local storage and may be lost if you cancel cookies - see [reprap.org] - This was discussed in a thread a few weeks ago (Chrishamm update ?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2016 11:00AM by PRZ.
April 22, 2016 11:03AM
1. Please post your config.g and the first lines of your G-code file that you are trying to print. I guess the T-code in your start G-code is wrong.

2. I have been asked to implement that and I'm quite sure it would be feasible, but I won't do that unless I find a good reason to.

3. Which web interface version are you using? Does your browser create a history and does it accept cookies? As PRZ already said, if you don't enable cookies for the web interface, it won't store any settings and it will revert to the factory settings every time you access it. Also make sure you press "Apply settings" once you've added custom temperatures.
April 23, 2016 03:43AM
Thanks for the reply.

1. Just added 'T0; select tool' in the start of G-code. Now the heater turn to 'Active' when the print starts.
3. Sorry, I missed that 'Cookies' part. Now enabled the cookies and the updated Temperature settings are working fine.

Also, regarding the prepare printer before printing, I hope you have created a user macro for that and run the macro when you start the machine. Then go for the normal print, isnt it?

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2016 04:10AM by selva_tvi.
April 23, 2016 03:45AM
Thanks 'chrishamm '.

As suggested by PRZ, I added the 'T0; select tool' in the start of G-code, it is working fine now. Earlier I missed this one.
April 23, 2016 04:04AM
And when I cancel the print, all the heaters are turned off. In the below link , [reprap.org], it shows that when a print is cancelled, 'stop.g' will be executed. But in the new firmware, 1.09x-DC42, I am unable to find the 'stop.g' macro. With previous 1.09 firmware, it was available.

The idea is, when the print goes wrong, I will cancel it. But, i dont want the heaters to shut down. It should remain active with the set temperature, so that I can go for new print. How this can be implemented with 'stop.g' and 'M0' gcode?

Thanks.
PRZ
April 23, 2016 12:20PM
For the prepare macro, they are not run automatically at start-up.
Two reasons for that :
*There are three macros , 1 for PLA, 1 for PETG and 1 for ABS, with different temperatures for the heat bed and hot-end, so I run manually the macro for the material I intend to print.

*If I start my printer and for any reasons (last minute modification on my design, that is common), I don't immediately start the print, the filament will stay for long in the hot hotend, which is not very good (it may start to decompose), so I prefer to handle it manually. There is no risk, as a print cannot start if printer is not homed and the homing is part of the preparation macro.
April 23, 2016 05:33PM
selva_tvi
And when I cancel the print, all the heaters are turned off. In the below link , [reprap.org], it shows that when a print is cancelled, 'stop.g' will be executed. But in the new firmware, 1.09x-DC42, I am unable to find the 'stop.g' macro. With previous 1.09 firmware, it was available.

The idea is, when the print goes wrong, I will cancel it. But, i dont want the heaters to shut down. It should remain active with the set temperature, so that I can go for new print. How this can be implemented with 'stop.g' and 'M0' gcode?

Thanks.

I am trying to agree a common standard with chrishamm so that we can run a cancel.g macro when a print is cancelled. The issue with the current system is that cancelling a print causes M0 to be sent, but M0 is also used in the end gcode of a file to indicate the end of a print. So the same M-code is being used to implement two different functions. What I think we need to do is to use a different M-code, or M0 with a parameter, when a print is cancelled.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 26, 2016 12:27AM
Any other way to implement the required thing 'When I cancel the print, the temp. should not drop down'?
April 26, 2016 02:53AM
Not yet. I have got used to running my Prepare PLA macro again immediately after cancelling a print.

I have another firmware release due soon, and I'll try to implement support for cancel.g in that one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2016 03:05AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login