Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question about duet firmware features

Posted by demonio669 
Question about duet firmware features
April 29, 2016 05:49PM
Hi!

I currently have a (very) modified folgertech delta printer using repetier-firmware.
I buy the duet board to upgrade my printer. I try to find on the internet about duet firmware manual or reprap firmware manual with no success if these things are implemented in the duet:

* Filament Odometer ( repetier stores in eeprom the filament printed so far)
* Printing Time (repetier counts the total amount of time the printer was working, and updates the eeprom every xx running seconds)
* Z babystep ( it allows me to change Z height during printing , it is very useful to compensate incorrect bed leveling without a z probe sensor)
* Repetier-Host allows me to print directly to a tcp port has the duet a tcp (just a plain tcp port, not telnet or http) port where i can feed gcodes?

* Filament sensor: is it supported? can I use a ccd sensor to check filament diameter and improbe volumetric extrusion?

Is there an duet emulator or a duet directly connected to the internet to try the web interfase?

Thanks in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2016 05:55PM by demonio669.
PRZ
Re: Question about duet firmware features
April 30, 2016 07:26AM
For Z babystep:
M206 Set home offset. Could be used to adjust head above bed during printing. M206 Z0.1 move up by 0.1mm

Yet no implementation for filament detection.
Codes M581 and M582 (run macros on pin signals) are in preparation, but not implemented, they will allow simple detection with a switch.

A few days ago, I tested that Web interface can be served by any web server, as the interface is written in javascript, so executed fully by the browser. this is here:
[otocoup.com]

This is not a simulator, so there is no connection to anything, most buttons are not activated and unfortunately it don't show the macros list, but you can navigate within the interface and change the settings, notably language, as parameters are stored in local data.

I think that T3P3 shall provide an address to test this interface as this only needs to copy the web interface in a directory accessed by a web server.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2016 07:39AM by PRZ.

Pierre

- Safety [reprap.org]
- Embedded help system for Duet and RepRap Firmware [forums.reprap.org]
- Enclosed delta printers Lily [rouzeau.net] and Lily Big [rouzeau.net]
- OpenScad delta printer simulator [github.com]
- 3D printing on my site [www.rouzeau.net]
April 30, 2016 07:27AM
Hi,

RepRapFirmware doesn't have an filament odometer or printing time accumulator, and I don't recall anyone asking for these features before. Do you have a specific application for them?

Babystepping is on the wish list and will be implemented soon. Filament out sensor support is in the process of being implemented, and codes M581 and M582 have been allocated to support it (see [reprap.org]).

There is no TCP port provided for direct printing. I would be very concerned about the lack of security if such a port were provided.

HTH David

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
PRZ
April 30, 2016 08:01AM
David, as yet M581 & M582 commands are not yet implemented, may I suggest you to use 'G' as trigger parameter qualifier instead of 'T' commonly used for tool ?
Also, (but If I understood, that was implemented by DC Newman), a 'N' as qualifier for M569 enable may have been more understandable than 'R'.

Also, 'H' is used either for heater and height, but there is a lot of legacy here, so probably too late for a change.

Pierre

- Safety [reprap.org]
April 30, 2016 08:07AM
PRZ
David, as yet M581 & M582 commands are not yet implemented, may I suggest you to use 'G' as trigger parameter qualifier instead of 'T' commonly used for tool ?
Also, (but If I understood, that was implemented by DC Newman), a 'N' as qualifier for M569 enable may have been more understandable than 'R'.

Also, 'H' is used either for heater and height, but there is a lot of legacy here, so probably too late for a change.

'G' would not be a good choice due to possible confusion with G commands. 'N' is not available because it indicates a line number. 'T' is already used in quite a lot of commands for parameters that do not represent a tool number, for example G10 and M305. But I am open to other suggestions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2016 08:07AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
PRZ
April 30, 2016 08:30AM
Ah ok, I don't know how does work the syntax interpreter, so that it may be wise to avoid command letters as parameters qualifiers.

May be use a 'C' for Call a macro ? It is only used in G31 for temp coefficient

Unused parameters qualifiers yet are (edited:W used in M301):
'A', 'K', 'L', 'O', 'U','V'

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2016 12:19PM by PRZ.

Pierre

- Safety [reprap.org]
April 30, 2016 10:26AM
Please, excuse my english.

dc42
Hi,

RepRapFirmware doesn't have an filament odometer or printing time accumulator, and I don't recall anyone asking for these features before. Do you have a specific application for them?

Babystepping is on the wish list and will be implemented soon. Filament out sensor support is in the process of being implemented, and codes M581 and M582 have been allocated to support it (see [reprap.org]).

There is no TCP port provided for direct printing. I would be very concerned about the lack of security if such a port were provided.

HTH David

Have you a ticket system to ask for these features and or contribute patches ?

I use Total Print Time and Filament Odometer for global accounting, A quick and dirty way to check if I'm on budget.

For the filament out sensor I'm asking for 3 diferent features that the user can choose to implement all of any or it:

* The implementation of a switch to see if I'm out of filament.
* the implementation of a "mouse wheel " attached to the filament to check if the filament if moving and how much it's moving (If the wheel is not moving, there is no more filament or the hotend is jam )
* A ccd sensor to check filament diameter to dinamicaly execute M200 gcode to change filament diameter to allow volumetric extrusion (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:699308 and [www.thingiverse.com] ) I want to implement a combo machine: A delta printer + A filament extruder machine and I'll use this sensor in both applitacions

Maybe the tcp server can be by default off and the user can choose to enable it or not. These feature allows repetier-host to connect the printer directly via tcp/ip (In repetier-host, printer settings, connection tab TCP/IP Connection connector)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2016 10:51PM by demonio669.
April 30, 2016 10:46AM
PRZ

Can the definition of M581 be modified to set a trigger on ping change (0 or 1 ) or analog value ? . IF you set M581 ping xx to analog value change , the trigger can fire a macro to change M200 or M404
April 30, 2016 07:30PM
@ dc42
Filament odometer I use all the time on the ffcp sailfish, both on a per print basis and at times on a per roll versus print to get a better estimate of a print will run out what's left on the roll.
Total print time is a stat for interest but could be used for accounting as well, individual print times for each print I assume are available?
May 03, 2016 04:55AM
dc42

The Telnet port (23) can be used for direct printing if no password or the default "reprap" password has been configured, but it will require authentification if a different password is set. I tested this with Pronterface a while back and it worked quite well. TCP streaming mode is supported too.

Nonetheless I would advise you to use the web interface instead, it's more comfortable than Pronterface IMHO.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login