Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

model cooling fan and z min pins on Duet 0.65

Posted by sungod3k 
model cooling fan and z min pins on Duet 0.65
April 30, 2016 06:17PM
Hi,

im trying to get my Duet 0.65 another go on my delta after it shorting on me last time i have a new one now and I remember the only extensive writing about it was on the reprap pro page, which still exists but doesnt give a complete picture of the what goes where. Motors and normal endstops are covered, but Im missing the placement of the hotend cooling fan, the model cooling fan and the z min endstop for my bed level probe.

Is there another non-omerod resource or manual for the duet 0.65? because I really dont want to wreck the board again by trying to figure out the 5V pins for the hotend cooling fan and slip and short something grinning smiley

Cheers
Re: model cooling fan and z min pins on Duet 0.65
May 02, 2016 10:02AM
Your best bet is probably to download KiCAD [kicad-pcb.org] which is the PCB editor the duet was designed on (free and open source)

And then download the design files for the 0.65 from T3P3's GitHub here [github.com]

I used this while doing some work adding extra steppers to get more colors with a single nozzle, and it was very helpful.
PRZ
May 02, 2016 10:14AM
I added schematics for the Duet 0.6 on the Duet wiring page. [reprap.org]
I have not done Z-probe connection schema for analog sensors, but I think David supply schematic for his own sensor.
RRP machines with IR sensors were supplied with looms, so there is no point working on that.

A generic schematic for Z-probe analog sensor may be useful.

Note that on my 'Lily' delta (built with parts of the Fisher kit), the 5V controlled fan is wired like on the schematic, but I used another diode model I had at hand. The listed diode model was tested on the Duet 0.8.5.
[rouzeau.net]
[rouzeau.net]

If you are afraid of troubles, you may better use a 12V fan with a buck converter if you are in 24V.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2016 10:25AM by PRZ.

Pierre

- Safety [reprap.org]
- Embedded help system for Duet and RepRap Firmware [forums.reprap.org]
- Enclosed delta printers Lily [rouzeau.net] and Lily Big [rouzeau.net]
- OpenScad delta printer simulator [github.com]
- 3D printing on my site [www.rouzeau.net]
May 02, 2016 12:22PM
sungod3k
Hi,

im trying to get my Duet 0.65 another go on my delta after it shorting on me last time i have a new one now and I remember the only extensive writing about it was on the reprap pro page, which still exists but doesnt give a complete picture of the what goes where. Motors and normal endstops are covered, but Im missing the placement of the hotend cooling fan, the model cooling fan and the z min endstop for my bed level probe.

Is there another non-omerod resource or manual for the duet 0.65? because I really dont want to wreck the board again by trying to figure out the 5V pins for the hotend cooling fan and slip and short something grinning smiley

Cheers

Hot end cooling fans are normally 12V or 24V or whatever your power supply voltage is. In that case, the Ormerod wiring diagram for the hot end cooling fan is correct. If your hot end fan really is 5V, then connect it between the 5V and Gnd pins at the end of the expansion connector. Look on the udnerside of the board to see which pins they are, all the pins are labelled.

If your bed level probe is a microswitch, connect it to the E0 endstop connector (use the two outside connections, just as for the endstop switches), and select probe type 4 in the M558 command. See [reprap.org] and the pages it links to for more configuration info.

You may find my blog entries on converting a Mini Kossel to Duet electronics useful.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login