Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Load and Unload the filament - Middle of the print

Posted by selva_tvi 
Load and Unload the filament - Middle of the print
May 03, 2016 08:25AM
Hi,

I need the help. I am using DUET board with DWC (Using DC-42 1.09X).

I am using bowden setup. While printing, I wanted to change the filament for the following conditions:
1. My filament was broken at the middle of the print.
2. I wanted to change the new spool as the previous spool is finished during the middle of the print.
3. I wanted to load different color filament to show as a multi-color print.

For condition 1 & 2 , just hold the new filament to the back of the previous filament and push the filament continuously until it goes into the bowden. But it is not working properly, because in my extruder, there is a small gap between the Mk8 gear and the filament hole. So that it doesnt go perfectly into the hole. I wanted to 'Pause' the print, set the 'Extruders off', then push the filament manually until it goes into the bowden. How this can be achieved with the g-codes through DWC.
For condition 3, I hope editing a G-code file with 'Pause' in the location where we want to change will work. But, I am not confident to use it correctly.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Load and Unload the filament - Middle of the print
May 03, 2016 12:09PM
You can use the Pause button to pause the print, then send e.g. M84 E0:1 to turn extruder motors E0 and E1 off. I have a macro file called "E motors off" that executes that command.

Within a Gcode file, use command M226 to pause the print.

HTH David

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 16, 2016 07:49PM
Hi David,

A while ago you had mentioned that you were planning to implement a gcode which will cause a macro file to be executed in response to an input. I haven't checked the forums/updates recently, but this sounded like a useful feature so I was curious to see if it had been added.

Thanks
May 17, 2016 01:36AM
See [forums.reprap.org].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login