Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Buzzer

Posted by PRZ 
PRZ
Buzzer
May 16, 2016 04:35PM
I added a buzzer on my printer 'Lily' (Duet 0.6), that shall identical for a board 0.8.5

I used a buzzer SFM-27 as it is easy to find on ebay, low cost and low consumption (1.27 Euros, shipping included !). I have not the consumption at 3.3V, but it may be below 10 mA. Not very noisy at this voltage, but it may wake up you if you are having a nap on your keyboard.
Schematic :

I choose the pin 32 of expansion connector (digital pin 67) as it is the same on Duet 0.6 and 0.8.5, it can be operated by M42 and have no particular role defined.

This is in preparation of end of filament detection to get informed of the filament miss. However, I think this shall be doubled by a beep on DWC, but yet, I have no idea how that could be done. Probably need some modification.

That also could be used in case of heater fault, but again, I don't know how to trigger it.

Macro to beep 3 seconds :
/macros/Beep_3s.g ; activate buzzer for 3seconds. Digital pin 67 = extension connector pin 32
 M42 P67 S1 ; Beeper on
 G4 P3000   ; wait 3000 msec (= 3 sec)
 M42 P67 S0 ; Beeper off

I set that on the RepRap wiki pages :
Duet_Wiring#Buzzer [reprap.org]
RepRap_Firmware_macros#Activate_output/buzzer [reprap.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2016 04:36PM by PRZ.

Pierre

- Safety [reprap.org]
- Embedded help system for Duet and RepRap Firmware [forums.reprap.org]
- Enclosed delta printers Lily [rouzeau.net] and Lily Big [rouzeau.net]
- OpenScad delta printer simulator [github.com]
- 3D printing on my site [www.rouzeau.net]

Re: Buzzer
May 16, 2016 04:55PM
Nice!

For anyone with as PanelDue attached to their Duet, sending M300 P1000 S4600 produces quite a good beep.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Buzzer
December 02, 2017 08:31AM
Since I have my whole printer open for surgery, I am trying this suggestion for a buzzer.
I have a 0.6 board too but I am not egtting any sound. The buzzer works, as a 9V battery proved.
However I am gettin abou 0.6V regardless of M42 P67 being S0 or S1 or S100 for that matter
Any idea how come?

EDIT:
I found that the PIN pointed to in the picture actually is PIN 30, not 32. But when I move one position to the left, there is still no buzzz.
However @M42 P67 S1 I get ~2.7V where @S0 I get 0. So the PIN is correct now, but my buzzer probably needs more that 2.7V

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2017 08:40AM by DeltaCon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login