Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IR height sensor setup

Posted by motley 
IR height sensor setup
May 21, 2016 10:10AM
The commissioning instructions for the Escher Mini height sensor board says to use this command to set the probe type:

M558 P1

However the Reprap wiki for gcodes says this:

"...P0 indicates that no Z probe is present. P1 gives an unmodulated IR probe, or any other probe type that emulates an unmodulated IR probe (probe output is an analog signal that rises with decreasing nozzle height above the bed). If there is a control signal to the probe, it is driven high when the probe type is P1. P2 specifies a modulated IR probe, where the modulation is commanded directly by the main board firmware using the control signal to the probe...."

I'm a bit confused since I thought the sensor uses modulated IR light.

Also the reference to connecting to the Duet board refers to leaving the AD14 pin unconnected, the Duet wiring diagram on the wiki calls this PC10

Probably me being dumb again so happy to be proved wrong...

Chris
Re: IR height sensor setup
May 21, 2016 10:41AM
Hi Chris,

The sensor uses a 3-way modulation scheme, but this is handled completely by the on-board microcontroller. So it emulates an unmodulated sensor, and P1 is the correct type in the M558 command.

You are correct, it is the pin marked PC10 on the Duet 0.8.5 that should be left unconnected (it's AD14 on the Duet 0.6). I have corrected the instructions.

HTH David

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: IR height sensor setup
May 21, 2016 11:36AM
Brilliant thanks David - I'm easily confused!

Back to my setup.. (and the test match)

Chris
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login