Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New BETA firmware 1.13 with M581/M582 support

Posted by dc42 
New BETA firmware 1.13 with M581/M582 support
May 27, 2016 04:14PM
I have released new firmware 1.13beta1 at [github.com]. The changes in this release are:

Added support for M581 and M582 commands
M25 pause command can now be used inside a macro file to pause a file being printed from SD card
Firmware update messages are now sent to USB and PanelDue (but the existing PanelDue firmware doesn't display them)
Added gcode queue underrun counter, displayed in M122 Move diagnostic info
M122 responses are now sent only to the comms channel that sent the M122 command
Added support for multiple firmware modules to be updated (for Duet NG)
Corrected a possible problem with multiple incompatible gcodes being executed concurrently
Support H parameter on M0 and M1 commands, for compatibility with chrishamm's fork
When executing M0/M1 commands and no print is paused, execute stop.g/sleep.g if they exist, for compatibility with chrishamm's fork
Treat M25 within the file being printed the same as M226
Added additional simulation modes to help identify bottlenecks
Don't disable all interrupts when starting a new move, to reduce interrupt latencyand avoid dropping characters received from PanelDue
Moved some utility maths functions to CoreNG

Please try this version if you are already running 1.12 or 1.12a, and either you want to use the new M581/M582 functionality, or you are having problems with the web interface disconnecting after you pause a print. You do not need to update your configuration or homing files, or your web files if you are already running DuetWebControl 1.11.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New BETA firmware 1.13 with M581/M582 support
May 27, 2016 07:12PM
Thanks for M581/M582 commands David. :-))))))
What is your recommended setup using these? The best I can come up with so far is to define the triggers for E1 & E2 as T2 & T3 in the g-code startup script

M581 T2 E1 S0 ; Enable 'Out of filament sensor' trigger for first extruder
M581 T3 E2 S0 ; Enable 'Out of filament sensor' trigger for second extruder.

Then delete these two triggers using S-1 parameter in the g-code ending script as well as in the cancel.g macro. The idea behind setting it up in this fashion is that I do not want the trigger macros to run when the printer is not printing anything and I am unloading/loading filament through the sensors. Unless there is a neat way to determine inside the trigger macro if we are actually in the process of printing something or not.
Also, what to put inside the trigger macros? At the moment I include M25 command that will pause the print. Hopefully that will allow me to load new filament and resume print using PanelDue interface.

Reality is in fact virtual.
May 28, 2016 02:56AM
I think I may add an option to M581 for a trigger only to be active when.printing from SD card. Would that avoid the need for you to setup and tear down the triggers on every print?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 28, 2016 09:07AM
Yes David, that would be perfect. I print from the SD card only and the way triggers are setup ATM means that when printer is idle and the sensor is triggered the macro runs. The solution you propose would be perfect.

Reality is in fact virtual.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login