Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

extruder fan control based on temp simple question or feature

Posted by aussiephil 
extruder fan control based on temp simple question or feature
May 29, 2016 08:17PM
@DC42

hi David
I am so used with the Sailfish firmware on the Flashforge controlling the extruder cooling fans automatically I get frustrated that I have to manually turn off the extruder fan once the extruder temp drops low enough not to worry about jamming the hot end. (or forget to turn it on when changing filament)

Is there a way to do this in RRF?

if not is there any way this can be added with options to set turn on/off temp and fan % used?

Cheers and thanks for all your hard work

Phil
Re: extruder fan control based on temp simple question or feature
May 29, 2016 11:19PM
hi David

It's not easy to find here,In the future to consult a lot,thanks.

thumbshop
May 30, 2016 04:06AM
aussiephil
@DC42

hi David
I am so used with the Sailfish firmware on the Flashforge controlling the extruder cooling fans automatically I get frustrated that I have to manually turn off the extruder fan once the extruder temp drops low enough not to worry about jamming the hot end. (or forget to turn it on when changing filament)

Is there a way to do this in RRF?

if not is there any way this can be added with options to set turn on/off temp and fan % used?

Cheers and thanks for all your hard work

Phil

If your Duet is a version 0.8.5 then the second controllable fan output is preconfigured to drive a hot end cooling fan. You can change the parameters using the M106 command, see the gcodes page on the reprap.org wiki.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 30, 2016 05:41AM
gotta learn to quote duet version smiling smiley yes 0.8.5

Knew it was likely, just hadn't found it (so much still to learn)

so M106 P1 T45 H1:2 is the example given,

makes sense but what about the S value, will S192 limit the max value used thermostatic mode?

Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2016 05:41AM by aussiephil.
May 30, 2016 07:48AM
Currently the fan is either full on or full off when in thermostatic mode. It's on my list to make the on-speed controlled by the S parameter.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 30, 2016 08:50AM
dc42
Currently the fan is either full on or full off when in thermostatic mode. It's on my list to make the on-speed controlled by the S parameter.

ok, i'll patiently wait on that... for the remote 50mm blower i'm using it's essential to throttle it down but i got some 70x70 blowers today that are quiet but seem to push less air, as soon as I get a chance i'll swap over and maybe 100% on will be fine

Thanks to you David
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login