Duet and IR Z Probe questions.
June 10, 2016 07:29PM
Once the IR sensor is calibrated is it proper practice to adjust z height via gcode for variacies that occur over time?

Is there a way to probe more than 5 points on the bed? (cartesian)

Any mounts available for a Prusa i3 and e3d v6?

If I change the type of bed material do I need to recalibrate (blue tape to abs juice to build tak) If so is there a simpler way to do it?

Thanks
Re: Duet and IR Z Probe questions.
June 10, 2016 07:43PM
I haven't had any changes in the z offset in the past month, even when changing from pla to petg.

You can add more probe positions in bed.g, but it really won't add much to the auto leveling. I just do four, one at each corner.

There are some e3dv6 fan & ir mounts on Thingiverse.

You shouldn't need to recalibrate, but it's easy to fix by editing config.g in the web interface.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2016 07:45PM by stephenrc.
June 10, 2016 10:46PM
To measure the trigger height, this is what I do:

1. Lower the nozzle until it is just gripping a sheet of paper.

2. Send G92 Z0. Some people use G92 Z0.1 instead to allow for the thickness of the paper, but I don't.

3. Raise the head 5mm.

4. Send G30 S-1.

5. Read off the Z height.

Currently RRF supports a maximum of 5 points for bed levelling. However, if the bed is flat and the print head doesn't sag as it travels the X axis, four should always be enough. I have it on my list to support 9 and 16 point bed probing, but it's not a high priority.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 02, 2018 03:58PM
Duet 2.0(RTOS) RC2A w/ 1.21.1-RC4 web control.
I set the nozzle nominally 4mm above the bed surface then send G30 S-1. The head lowers and triggers then quickly returns to the 4mm position. Just as it should, methinks. However, the message board in the G-Code console does NOT report out the trigger height. Confused, hope you can help.
June 03, 2018 02:54AM
The behaviour you describe is what happens when you don't use the S-1 parameter on the G30 command. So check that you entered the command correctly. Also I suggest you upgrade to 2.0RC6.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 03, 2018 02:20PM
Yikes, ignored the pesky hyphen between S and 1. Computers are so damned literal.
Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login