Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet WiFi details published, pre-order window open

Posted by dc42 
Duet WiFi details published, pre-order window open
June 15, 2016 04:21PM
Hi to all you Duet users,

- You asked for larger hot end terminal blocks - so we gave them to you.

- You asked for thermocouple and PT100 support - so we gave that to you.

- You asked for more PWM outputs to control fans and the like - so we gave you a third one.

- You asked for WiFi (well some of you did) - so we gave that to you.

- You asked for higher microstepping. Yes, we've given you that too! Not just 32x, not even 128x, but up to 256x!

And along the way we've also given you an even faster 32-bit processor with built-in floating point hardware, higher heated bed current capacity, better protection against mis-wiring, an auto-calibrating ADC, dual Z-motor connectors, and other improvements.

For more details of the Duet WiFi, hop along to [www.duet3d.com]. There you can also pre-order a Duet WiFi board from the initial production batch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2016 07:04PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].

Re: Duet WiFi details published, pre-order window open
June 15, 2016 06:53PM
looks like we will have to wait for the shipping options on the web site to be fixed before making pre-orders

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
June 15, 2016 07:03PM
bgkdavis
looks like we will have to wait for the shipping options on the web site to be fixed before making pre-orders

I'm sorry about that. It works OK for me, so I guess you are probably in a different country. Send me a PM telling me your country and what doesn't work, and I'll pass those details on to T3P3 who are dealing with that side of things.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

June 15, 2016 07:21PM
How many stepper drivers are onboard?

I can't find this information anywhere.
June 15, 2016 07:23PM
dc42
bgkdavis

I'm sorry about that. It works OK for me, so I guess you are probably in a different country. Send me a PM telling me your country and what doesn't work, and I'll pass those details on to T3P3 who are dealing with that side of things.

It looks like the website is evolving, the message has changed to now state there are no shipping options available, so I guess its just a matter of time before they get the Australian shipping options set up.

RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
June 16, 2016 02:42AM
Apologies I have fixed shipping to Australia, NZ and a few other countries.

DuetWifi.: advanced 3d printing electronics
June 16, 2016 03:33AM
David/Roland/Tony

Excellent Work guys Can't wait to get my hands on one to try (Eagerly waiting for the Paypal Invoice)

Hope it all goes well for you all you deserve the success

Doug
June 16, 2016 04:24AM
There was no shipping option for Turkey yesterday. Is it also fixed?
June 19, 2016 11:42AM
Just got one on batch 3 ... not a real need here, but the work looks great nd I give my support to the team for sure!

----- Making the world smarter @ www.xetal.eu
----- Helping entrepreneurs @ www.fralke.com
June 19, 2016 11:45AM
Fpex
I did wonder when i saw an order for batch 3 with batches 1 and 2 still having boards, thanks for your support!
Cheers

Tony

June 19, 2016 11:53AM
Well, I took batch 3 because of my holidays and I hope by then I have solved all issues with my printers and feel like building another one :-)
In any case, you guys need support from any duet user because of the past and future work

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2016 11:53AM by Fpex.

June 19, 2016 10:29PM
nebbian
How many stepper drivers are onboard?

I can't find this information anywhere.

Still waiting.
June 20, 2016 12:58AM
I count 5 in the photo in the first post.

3 for XYZ with Z having two output connections
2 for extruders
June 20, 2016 01:06AM
5 drivers, it is written. It supports two extruders out of the box/

June 20, 2016 02:47AM
That's right, five TMC2660 stepper drivers and two extruder heater outputs on board, with an option to add 5 more of each when we release the DueX5. We're also planning a depopulated version of the DueX5 with just 2 or 3 extruder drivers and heater outputs, because we realise that most people don't need a total of 10 stepper drivers.

June 20, 2016 02:04PM
dc42
That's right, five TMC2660 stepper drivers and two extruder heater outputs on board, with an option to add 5 more of each when we release the DueX5. We're also planning a depopulated version of the DueX5 with just 2 or 3 extruder drivers and heater outputs, because we realise that most people don't need a total of 10 stepper drivers.

Any idea when Duex5 will be available? It's pretty much a pre-requisite for my planned printer as I'll be using 3 extruders for the Diamond hot end from the outset. It'll also have 3 Z screws, initially driven by a single stepper and looped belt but this'll be upgraded to 3 individual steppers as and when you get around to doing the firmware for auto bed levelling (I appreciate this must be quite a long way down your "to do" list). So potentially, that's 8 stepper motors but at least 6 to start with.
June 20, 2016 02:46PM
deckingman

Any idea when Duex5 will be available? It's pretty much a pre-requisite for my planned printer as I'll be using 3 extruders for the Diamond hot end from the outset. It'll also have 3 Z screws, initially driven by a single stepper and looped belt but this'll be upgraded to 3 individual steppers as and when you get around to doing the firmware for auto bed levelling (I appreciate this must be quite a long way down your "to do" list). So potentially, that's 8 stepper motors but at least 6 to start with.

Can't give you a definite timelines yet, its high up the priority list after continued testing on the main board and work on test equipment for the production run. I expect to have prototypes ordered before the end of the pre-order.

I have started a thread here:[www.duet3d.com] to discuss how many more stepper drivers people would want.

June 20, 2016 06:38PM
As a stopgap measure Id be tempted to look at the 0.85 and the duet wifi, and make a patch cable between the two boards that corrected the pinouts.

RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
June 20, 2016 06:43PM
bgkdavis
As a stopgap measure Id be tempted to look at the 0.85 and the duet wifi, and make a patch cable between the two boards that corrected the pinouts.

If you were in a rush and the Duex4 suited your needs in other ways then that would work, the pinouts for the new expansion connector are here: [www.duet3d.com]

June 20, 2016 07:15PM
T3P3
bgkdavis

If you were in a rush and the Duex4 suited your needs in other ways then that would work, the pinouts for the new expansion connector are here: [www.duet3d.com]

The current firmware is configured to assume all the drivers are TMC2660. You'd need to make some minor firmware changed to support 'dumb' drivers on the extra channels. This will eventually be configurable, but I can't say when.

June 22, 2016 07:19PM
Some good news for those of you who ordered pre-production Duet WiFi boards:

- Although we had 8 test failures out of the 48 we had manufactured, I was able to diagnose and repair all of them. So all of you who have had emails confirming that you are on the list to receive pre-production boards should get one.

- Filastruder received the boards for US-based customers on Tuesday, and dispatched them to our US-based customers the same day. So they should arrive very soon

June 23, 2016 03:16AM
Very cool, nice work..... do you sleep at any time?
June 23, 2016 12:21PM
Just ship soon ... I would hate to be asked to pay import duty one you guys (UK) leave us (EU) :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2016 12:21PM by Fpex.

June 23, 2016 12:33PM
Fpex
Just ship soon ... I would hate to be asked to pay import duty one you guys (UK) leave us (EU) :-)

And I would hate to have to complete a customs form every time I send an IR sensor or a PanelDue to a customer in the EU. I've voted Remain.

June 23, 2016 12:37PM
Indeed fingers crossed for tomorrow

FPex

Luckly if the worst happens we will have at least two years before the drawbridge is pulled up!
June 23, 2016 12:46PM
T3P3
Indeed fingers crossed for tomorrow

FPex

Luckly if the worst happens we will have at least two years before the drawbridge is pulled up!

Although If the worst does Happen I can see the Pound taking a big hit as well so the Exchange rate will alter considerably.

Not relishing that prospect at All.

Doug
June 23, 2016 10:27PM
Hello,

I've just pre-ordered one :-)
June 24, 2016 02:20AM
It happened, not is the time to order more from UK ... pound going down and duty costs not there yet.

This said, I hope David (DC42) and co. are not sourcing from Europe for manufacturing or dealing in EUR/$or they risk to take a bit hit on their costs

June 24, 2016 06:00AM
Fpex
It happened, not is the time to order more from UK ... pound going down and duty costs not there yet.

This said, I hope David (DC42) and co. are not sourcing from Europe for manufacturing or dealing in EUR/$or they risk to take a bit hit on their costs

A sad day for the UK indeed. But for those outside the UK, now is an excellent time to pre-order your Duet WiFi board, or buy a Duet 0.8.5. You will benefit from the current weakness of the £, and you will avoid the inevitable price increase that will follow the pre-order period. That price increase is inevitable, because the components we buy are priced in $, so they will cost us more as long as the £ remains weak - which it is likely to be for some time.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2016 08:10AM by dc42.

June 24, 2016 07:08AM
I ordered one before the brevet at a much higher pound value, but no regrets. For as much anger I have for UK and its unilateral decision to bring us all back to a 2008 crisis (or worse), I do not mind have given you my support.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2016 07:08AM by Fpex.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login