Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet WiFi in use

Posted by appjaws1 
Duet WiFi in use
June 16, 2016 04:41AM
I have had a beta board for a few days.
What a great piece of hardware that is future proof, well designed and has flexible options.

The initial setup went well and my new coreXY machine was soon humming with delight.
I have completed about 8 hours of prints with the duet WiFi so far, ranging from a simple calibration box to more complicated items, at the moment I am printing a 3DBenchy

I have not detected any problems with the board or the firmware.

For users who are use to different controllers, you will find that the duet WiFi has everything you need, and more. It is easily configured by creating/amending gcode files and setting up macros for easily used functions, loading them via the web control.

The web control can be used from most web browsers and has all of the controls, print progress and features required to run various types of 3D printers.

System updates can be loaded and installed via the web control. You never need to remove the SD card.
Many print files can be stored in user setup directories

Well done to all involved in the design of this, soon to be a market leader, Duet WiFi control board.

appjaws - Core XYUV Duet Ethernet Duex5
firmware 3.1.1 Web Interface 3.1.1
Ormerod 1-converted to laser engraver, Duet wifi
OpenSCAD version 2020.07
slic3r-1.3.0, Simplify3D 4.1.2, Cura-4.4.1
Re: Duet WiFi in use
July 05, 2016 07:42AM
Just thought I would update on my progress.

The new duet wifi control board is working great, especially after the latest firmware update.
What a great piece of kit it is, no hard network connections needed, control of the printer via a web browser on my smart phone or computer is perfect.

Here are the latest pictures of my corexy build.

OpenSCAD version 2020.07
July 05, 2016 02:17PM
How many prints have you completed? Any multi-day prints yet?
July 05, 2016 03:16PM
Hi appjaws1,

That's a nice looking machine! Would you care to post your pictures at [www.duet3d.com] as well?

- David

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 06, 2016 03:20AM
Can you tell us more about the performance of the drivers ? How do they compare with the "old" ones regarding noise, smoothness ? To me this would be the greatest plus over the current controllers on the market.
July 06, 2016 05:04PM
unromeo21
Can you tell us more about the performance of the drivers ? How do they compare with the "old" ones regarding noise, smoothness ? To me this would be the greatest plus over the current controllers on the market.
Much quieter and smoother. I'm using the board as it comes configured with 16x microstepping and interpolation to 256. Mechanically I won't resolve any finer than 16 microsteps but transitions are smoother. Much quieter and much lower vibration at low speeds.
July 07, 2016 04:15AM
unromeo21
I concur with Koko76, in addition, is the increased current that the drivers can handle and therefore do not get as hot.

OpenSCAD version 2020.07
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login