Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New firmware version 1.14

Posted by dc42 
New firmware version 1.14
July 02, 2016 12:48PM
I have released new firmware for the Duet 0.6 and 0.8.5 at [github.com] (follow the link and then press Raw to download it). The changes in this release are:

- When multiple motors are due to step, generate all the step pulses simultaneously
- Added support for multiple drivers for a single axis (M584)
- Added support for extended step pulse width when using external drivers (T parameter on M569 command)
- Removed XYZE parameters from M569 (use M584 instead)
- Added M913 command (set motor % of normal current), allowing the motor current to be temporarily reduced e.g. for homing and loading filament
- Added Z probe type 5, which is a normally-closed switch or active-high 3.3V digital signal connected to the IN pin of the Z probe connector on the Duet 0.8.5 and Duet WiFi

User of the Duet WiFi, please see the separate notification on the Duet WiFi forum for additional changes.

Please note the following:

1. If you are using M569 commands to remap axes and extruders to different drives, that will no longer work. Use the new M584 command instead.

2. If you use the M584 command, it should come before any M350 and M906 commands in your config.g file.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2016 07:02AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New firmware version 1.14
July 03, 2016 07:19AM
Hi David, I am having problem with 1.14 on my Duet 0.8.5 delta, once I hit home all
The carriages move to the top and reach the endstops twice as expected
but then the motor will make a high pitch noise like it's stuck or something and the Duet will disconnect
need to do a power cycle to reconnect to it.

I tried running the homedelta.g 1 line at a time
It's the line: G1 Z-5 F2000 ; down a few mm so that we can centre the head
that causes the problem.

When I revert to 1.13b the problem is gone.

I have attached my config.g and homedelta.g, I don't have any M569 remap or M584 in it so I am not sure what went wrong.
Attachments:
open | download - config.g (2.7 KB)
open | download - homedelta.g (644 bytes)
July 04, 2016 03:12AM
Hoping the Duet 0.8 is a typo and you not dropping support for us old 0.6 owners.

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
July 04, 2016 07:03AM
DADIY
Hoping the Duet 0.8 is a typo and you not dropping support for us old 0.6 owners.

It was a typo, and I've just corrected it.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

July 04, 2016 08:18AM
SleepyPrince
Hi David, I am having problem with 1.14 on my Duet 0.8.5 delta, once I hit home all
The carriages move to the top and reach the endstops twice as expected
but then the motor will make a high pitch noise like it's stuck or something and the Duet will disconnect
need to do a power cycle to reconnect to it.

I tried running the homedelta.g 1 line at a time
It's the line: G1 Z-5 F2000 ; down a few mm so that we can centre the head
that causes the problem.

When I revert to 1.13b the problem is gone.

I have attached my config.g and homedelta.g, I don't have any M569 remap or M584 in it so I am not sure what went wrong.

Hi,

I'm sorry you are having trouble with 1.14. I am unable to reproduce the problem. I am running the Duet WiFi build of 1.14 on my delta, and the Duet build on my Ormerod (a Cartesian printer). In case there was something specific to using the 0.8.5 build condfigured for a delta, I've just bench-tested a Duet 0.8.5 configured as a delta, with two motors attached - and it is behaving as I expect.

If you try it again, please can you do the following:

1. Run M906 and M913 to check that the motor currents are as expected.

2. Try reducing that F2000 to a lower value, to see if it works correctly at lower speeds.

I'll watch for anyone else reporting a similar problem.

July 04, 2016 08:25AM
thanks. I thought it would be smiling smiley

On a side note any idea how long the 0.6 board will be supported?

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
July 04, 2016 04:14PM
The 0.6 board is sufficiently similar to the 0.8.5 board that I see no reason to withdraw support for it. However, I no longer test new releases on both variants.

July 06, 2016 06:06PM
Hi David, just to let you know my homing problem has been resolved.
But I didn't spend too much time figuring out what the actual problem was.
I re-downloaded the firmware, up the motor current and set the speed lower all at the same time.
only thing I know is that the speed wasn't the problem since I set it back up to 2000 there wasn't any jam.
July 07, 2016 04:22AM
SleepyPrince
Hi David, just to let you know my homing problem has been resolved.
But I didn't spend too much time figuring out what the actual problem was.
I re-downloaded the firmware, up the motor current and set the speed lower all at the same time.
only thing I know is that the speed wasn't the problem since I set it back up to 2000 there wasn't any jam.

Thanks for letting me know! There was a 1.14 beta that had problems with delta moves, so perhaps you somehow got that build the first time.

July 09, 2016 08:45AM
Is there a Gcode and Mcode command list for the latest firmware around someplace
July 09, 2016 09:09AM
[reprap.org]
I believe David keeps it quite up to date with RRF
August 08, 2016 02:36PM
Printer was working fine, I think I was on 1.13, but it might have been 1.12 still. Upgraded to 1.14 without issue but now my z-probe (fsr) is reading 1000 and constantly triggered where it was reading 0 by default. Not sure what to change or where to change it.
August 08, 2016 02:40PM
Nevermind. Just power-cycled the board and it seems to be working again.
August 08, 2016 04:12PM
percar
Is there a Gcode and Mcode command list for the latest firmware around someplace

There is a list (not maintained by me) at [reprap.org]. For a description of what each commands does, see the link in the reply by SleepyPrince.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login