Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet 0.8.5 - Anyone notice that the duet sometimes doesn't respond to ping when you first start it up?

Posted by Bob64 
I have two duet boards. Both 0.8.5. I have noticed that occasionally that both of them randomly fails to completely start up or initialize the network chip enough to respond to pings. However, subsequent powercycling usually gets it working... Sometimes taking 2-4 power cycles to get it to respond to ping. Ip addresses are hardcoded in the sdcard. I'm using the stock sdcard on one and a larger sdcard on the other so I don't believe it's related to a bad sdcard. Currently using firmware 1.14, but I have noticed it on previous versions of the firmware.

Has anyone else noticed this or know what causes it?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2016 04:19AM by Bob64.
Have you changed the Mac address on one of them to be different from the other?

Doug
I had this issue on my Duet 0.8.5 when I had the webcam address filled in the model.js file on the sd card. When I deleted the webcam address from the web configuration model.js file, I haven't seen it since.
Yes, MAC address is unique.
Never modified the model.js file from the default settings.
in the model.js file: webcamURL: "",
I get the same thing on occassion. Power cycle usually fixes it the first time. It seems to be when I'm using PID heating immediately after startup, or it was heating and I power cycles and put the heaters right back on.
What firmware are you using, I will note I had the issue with 1.11-1.13 firmware, but can't say I've seen it since upgrading to 1.14 (which was also when I removed the webcam address from model.js)
I've noticed it with all versions of the firmware so far. Currently running 1.14.
I'm wondering, are you DHCP or static IP addressing?
I also have regularly no network connection at startup, while it have significantly reduced with the evolution of firmware. One or two power-cycle solve the problem.
I use DHCP and that may be related. I noticed that most of the time, the DHCP give the same address to each printer (I have two on Duet - with different MAC).

One other point I notice is that often if I try to FTP the board before opening the web interface, FTP did not connect, then after loading the web page, it connect properly (I DO wait the board start before trying any internet connection). There may be some initialisation done while doing http:// connection.

Since I implemented sound start-up signalling, I never had a board failing to start, this seems only the Network which don't start.

Pierre

- Safety [reprap.org]
- Embedded help system for Duet and RepRap Firmware [forums.reprap.org]
- Enclosed delta printers Lily [rouzeau.net] and Lily Big [rouzeau.net]
- OpenScad delta printer simulator [github.com]
- 3D printing on my site [www.rouzeau.net]
static ips.
I get this to happen in maybe one in three boot ups.

I'm using a static IP with a direct to duet hard wired connection (no router)

Most of the time a single power cycle cures it first time. But sometimes it take more than four or five times I also noticed you have to do a browser reset somtimes as well.

It would be nice to get the issue fixed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2016 05:57PM by Calvinx66.
Calvinx66
It would be nice to get the issue fixed.

It would have to be easily reproducible to know what is exactly wrong to fix it first, and its not a consistent issue at least not on either of my Duet 0.8.5 boards, although that being said I have yet to experience this on the one I have powered with 24V. The only one that I've experienced this on was my 12V machine. This brings up another question, what voltage is everyone running the Duet with that has experienced this issue?
On one of my duets its running 12v, the other is 24v. Both have seen the issue so I don't think it is voltage dependant.
I have seen this issue too today.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Mine did it again today, no web response but the PanelDue is controlling it. Asus AC68R router doesn't see it. It's setup to get the ip address automatically.
I get the same issue once in a while, a power circle solves the problem. It's the same with 12V and 19V (laptop charger ). Firmware 1.14
I have had this problem for a while. Cycling power of the Duet or restarting the browser do no fix it. The only fix for me seems to be rebooting the PC.
Sometimes I get it to connect but some of the readings do not update such as z probe and temperature.
My setup:
-Direct connection through an ethernet switch.
-Static IP
-12V power
-Several other PCs on the network: one is accessible through the switch, the others through a router.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login