Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E3D thermistor setup

Posted by Gaou 
E3D thermistor setup
July 21, 2016 05:48AM
Guys i tried yesterday to print with a polyester filament that has specs for printing 240-260. After i run the printer for about 2 min i realized that my thermistor is not accurate or calibrated right . Is there anyway i can calibrate it so i ll get more accurate readings ?

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
PRZ
Re: E3D thermistor setup
July 21, 2016 07:53AM
Have a look on this page :

wiki/RepRap_Firmware_heating [reprap.org]

Pierre

- Safety [reprap.org]
- Embedded help system for Duet and RepRap Firmware [forums.reprap.org]
- Enclosed delta printers Lily [rouzeau.net] and Lily Big [rouzeau.net]
- OpenScad delta printer simulator [github.com]
- 3D printing on my site [www.rouzeau.net]
July 21, 2016 12:03PM
See [duet3d.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 03, 2016 08:58AM
David,
on the linked "Connecting thermistors" page, is the B value correct for the Semitec GT104-2?
GT104-2 has a B value of 4267 regarding to the data sheet?
August 03, 2016 09:16AM
Sergio
David,
on the linked "Connecting thermistors" page, is the B value correct for the Semitec GT104-2?
GT104-2 has a B value of 4267 regarding to the data sheet?

The quoted B value of 4267 on the datasheet is for a small temperature range. The B value that I quote on the wiki page is computed from the resistance at 220C according to the resistance vs. temperature table, so it will give more accurate temperature readings at typical extrusion temperatures. If you use that thermistor for monitoring the bed temperature, then a B value of 4267 in the M305 command would be appropriate.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2016 09:28AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 09, 2016 05:27AM
Thank you David,

will use B 4388 now.

It look weird to me, because B 4338 is listed on the data sheet as for the GT204-2, I was thinking it is the same value (and you maybe pick the wrong line) but it is not, I should be more careful!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login