Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IR sensor ???

Posted by joestefano 
IR sensor ???
July 30, 2016 09:31PM
I had the sensor working great for 1 whole day. This morning I checked the printer before work and everything was fine. Tonight while loading some filament I hit the touch screen with my hand and the bed began to move up towards Z0 (not sure what button on the screen I hit) The bed did not stop at Z0. I was forced to shut off power. When I reapplied power and homed all the axis separately Z would not stop at 0. I went thru the entire setup again and this time could not get the sensor set. I did not change anything in the attached config.

Any thoughts on what happened to the IR sensor would be appreciated. I seem to be the only one this happens to, so chances are it's in my setup.

As a backup for this situation I installed an optical Z switch. I have another sd card with an alternate config that works. My only question is, I have it connected to the Z endstop 3 wires. the led on the duet and the sensor is lit when the bed is down. When the trigger reaches the switch at Z0 the led on the sensor and Duet is dimly lit. Is this OK?
Attachments:
open | download - sys.zip (36.6 KB)
Re: IR sensor ???
July 31, 2016 04:10AM
the first things to check are the led on the sensor board and the feedback value from the sensor.

When you power on the machine you should see a rede led on the sensor board flash 3 times,if not makre sure you have the board correctly plugged in and the wiring to the duet is good.

If this is good next look at the modulated value on the web interface, use a piece of white paper do you see the value change as the paper gets closer

if this is good look at the two IR transmitters and the recieved on the board, do they look bent?

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login