Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DUET WIFI is here and now?

Posted by Fpex 
DUET WIFI is here and now?
September 07, 2016 03:51AM
I just received a duet wifi, batch 3. Looks lovely, but no the question is what am I going to put it on?
Originally I was considering a kossel (maybe with a chimera), but I saw recently a diamond kossel (the three color hot end thing). Does the firmware support it?
When will there be an extension board for more extruders?

----- Making the world smarter @ www.xetal.eu
----- Helping entrepreneurs @ www.fralke.com
Re: DUET WIFI is here and now?
September 07, 2016 04:52AM
Yes RepRapFirmware has supported mixing extruders for a long time (longer than any other popular firmware), and people are already using Duets to control Diamond hot ends. You need to use a slicer that has a "Use firmware retraction" option, so that all 3 filaments are retracted equally.

We hope to finalise the DueX5 expansion board schematic within the next couple of days, after that the PCB layout will be done and prototypes manufactured. It will also be available in a cut-down version for those needing fewer extruders, probably as the DueX2.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 07, 2016 07:51AM
Wonderful! I think this is possible with S3D than I am using for everything now.
Let us know when the duet x5 is available, it might be the moment to also get a second wifi since I might replace the rumba in my BigBox with it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2016 07:53AM by Fpex.

September 07, 2016 08:16AM
When I looked, I couldn't find a "Use firmware retraction" option in S3D, so I reverted to using slic3r for testing the firmware retraction feature.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

September 07, 2016 08:36AM
It has to be done in the script section by hand.

September 07, 2016 08:54AM
I can see the "Retraction script", but no script to undo the retraction.

September 07, 2016 02:23PM
I've done the retraction settings with Cura in the pre-toolchange/post-toolchange sections.
September 07, 2016 03:46PM
I need to try it, but i was told it can be done in the additional commands section with the replace directives

September 11, 2016 06:13AM
Hello,

I've ordered 2 Duet Wifi, one in batch 1 and one in batch 2 an no news about these order yet !!!
September 11, 2016 10:29AM
mine s batch 3

September 12, 2016 02:59AM
lolocaledo
Hello,

I've ordered 2 Duet Wifi, one in batch 1 and one in batch 2 an no news about these order yet !!!

Please get in touch with Think3DPrint3D. They should be able to give you the tracking numbers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login